Two Weeks Until Christmas

OMG! 2 weeks to go! I need to get in the spirit and stat. Tonight the Husband is out for his company Christmas party and our nanny has the day off so I have to pick the Kid up from daycare. I'm looking forward to some one on one time with him this evening, there will most likely be a triple viewing of Donald Duck and some "choo choo" playing. (Editor's note: husband just called and said the Kid is sick. The Husband is picking up the Kid but I will be rushing home in an hour to take over- I write my posts in the morning but like to keep it in "real-time")  Once he is in bed, I'm popping Elf into the player and wrapping presents. I was going to have soup for dinner but instead I am making a beef taco bake. And the good news: I'm down 4 pounds! Woot!

So since we are speeding towards Christmas, I thought I would write up a helpful little list of things you should buy to be prepared because I am a helpful, smug person (this really applies to peeps who live in the city of Vienna - stores shut down on the 24th around midday and don't open until the 27th).

Make sure you have enough:

Toilet paper
Cleaning stuff (Cillit Bang 4 eva)
Paper towels
Diapers and formula and wipes (for the people with the children of a young age (said in a Cousin Balik accent))
Alcohol
Saran Wrap and/or Aluminum foil
Garbage bags
Alcohol
Coffee
Milk
Alcohol
Painkillers
Band-aids
Extra wrapping paper and tape
Laundry detergent
Dishwasher soap
Sponges

I also have already written up a list of food I need to buy and I want to get it bit by bit to avoid a huge shopping trip just before the big day. I have to consider food for the 25th: which will consist of German oven pancakes, pizza and cheese fondue. And for the 26th, because we are having guests.

I am happy to report, to myself, that all shopping save for one or two small gifts has been done. Christmas cards have been sent and all I need to do, is sit back and get in the mood. 2 MORE WEEKS MOTHERLOVERS!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge