Gearing up for a Healthy 2014

I am getting ready for the new year already! I'm eating ok so far this month but I will go full-(healthy) hog come January. And, like anything I do, Mommy has to plan. I am hoping to get my smoothie maker at Christmas. And with a gift certificate I will most likely get from the Mother in Law, I will be buying new gym wear. I also am going to make myself a new workout routine to change it up a bit and try to go at least one weekend day as well. Dream big, aim far, you can do it! Let's aim for January 2nd because I have a feeling January 1st will be a day of bloody Mary's and pancakes.

I also found this thing on Pinterest and I am thinking this will be perfect for January. If you listen very very carefully, you might hear the sound of me groaning every time I squat. Like a seashell missing the ocean...


I also bought this thing. Now before you judge me for spending 10 euros on a plastic plate, oh what the hell, go ahead and judge me... But I think this will be a very good tool for me. I know how to lose weight. I've done all the diets... but portion control has always been my Moby Dick (how amazing is that metaphor? A for effort) and I'm tired of lying to myself... "Well this baguette here is obviously one portion... " The lies! The lies! So yes, I am expecting my Healthy Portion Plate (which shows how much bread, pasta, meat, veggies, etc. you should consume in a meal) in a couple of days and you can go and be mcjudgey pants somewhere else. No, come back! I need you to read my stories and make me feel better about myself!


I am happy to say I did hit the gym Monday morning and this morning. I was dressed and ready to go Tuesday morning but the Kid decided to have a nightmare and then I tried to change him and that turned into a Battle Royale and then he just sat on the sofa and watched cartoons while I sat in my workout clothes and cursed the Husband.

And so, this is just the start of my prepping for 2014. I cannot wait for all the amazing things that will be happening next year - and they will happen. THEY WILL HAPPEN! Please happen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge