Countdown to a Very Martha Christmas

Oh dear lord! I lost a couple of days last week so I need to up da planning, stat! I still have some more gifts to buy. I thought I would be done by now... but, you know, life. I have made my final list that I hope to get through by the end of the week. The Husband is supposed to take care of his side of the family but I might get a couple of things for him so that he can focus on buying stuff for me. He responded to my e-mail from yesterday... the one with my list of gifts. He was like "thanks for the list dear, I also have some ideas". Cue me screaming "NOOOOO!!! STICK TO THE LIST!" Watch this space and see if it will indeed be a very merry Christmas or not.

As of tomorrow we have 3 weeks to go. That is not much time to pull together the Martha Christmas I am imagining. In this Martha Christmas I am wearing cable knit and thigh high chunky socks and sitting on the sofa drinking calorie and fat free eggnog (it's my vision, let me have discovered a calorie and fat free eggnog), our halls are decked and we are waiting for a perfect meal in the oven. The Kid plays with his toys and the Husband and I relax and all is merry and bright. So to get to this state without the help of illicit drugs and/or binge drinking, this is what I have to get done this week:

- Purchase the rest of the presents
- Buy wrapping paper and cellophane
- Finish all Christmas cards and letters (mailing them on Wednesday so send me your home addresses stat!)
- Buy boughs... Say that 6 times in a row and it sounds amazing
- Find boughs
- Put up boughs
- Attend Kid's Christmas party thing at his school (on the fence about this one)
- Start wrapping

Here is our tree. The Kid could have cared less until he saw the Harrods bus ornament and screamed "BUS!" and ripped it off the tree and ran around with it as I chased him. It is now back on the tree, hidden.
Shut up, I love this tree. Until we move to a bigger apartment. I have no loyalty
Here are the pointsettas I bought on Saturday. Bought out the store! Felt like a Rockefeller! They only had 4 plants.

You bastards better last until New Years!

Here is our centrepiece. I still want to add something to the chandelier above. Maybe boughs. Must find boughs.
Same as last year... Maybe I should change it up... No, stay focused, Tova. FOCUS!

This is a picture of the Kid with the cookies he made over the weekend. He was so damn proud of them and kept looking at them and saying "I did it!" and then he brought them to the playground, sat at the picnic table and lined them up. He makes my heart melt.

I should probably see what are in those cookies... He's looking a little, how you say... stoned.
And so, onwards and upwards! Just a gentle reminder to myself: THREE MORE WEEKS UNTIL CHRISTMAS! I WON'T LET YOU DOWN MARTHA!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge