Friday Wrap-Up

Woot woot! Friday! This week was a bazillion times better than last week because, oh, I don't know... maybe there was no me crying buckets of tears. Next week I will be a bundle of nerves waiting for the 12th when we visit the diagnosis centre. I just have to keep focusing on the positive - I have fabulous shoes. The last three days have been super busy and stressful at work so the evenings have pretty much been me on the sofa for about 30 minutes after dinner and then me in bed, asleep by 9.

I'm still waiting for my kind of exciting news to happen. Not sure if it will actually happen but I am waiting patiently for it. Fingers crossed. OPTIMISM OR BUST! Tomorrow is the Kid's Christmas show thing but I really don't feel like going. I'm pretty much done with the daycare. On Sunday we are going to visit the possible new daycare and fingers crossed that it is awesome and that the Husband agrees that the change would be good. This December will be a twitchy one but I need to try and enjoy it as much as I can. This afternoon I mailed out about 20 Christmas letters and cards. I hope they reach y'all safely.

Just under 3 weeks to go until Christmas and I have only watched Scrooged, Jingle All the Way (it has Phil Hartman, shut it) and Santa Clause 2 (it has Judge Reinhold in Cosby sweaters, shut it). I still have to watch:

The Family Stone (I'm going to cry and cry)
Love, Actually (I'm going to cry and cry)
National Lampoons Christmas Vacation (oh how I will laugh!)
Muppets Christmas Carol

And now I feel I have blanked because I know there are so many films I need to still watch. Gah! Stupid brain, work! Somebody help me out here.

And so, here is the Friday wrap-up:

Visits to the gym: 4
Loads of laundry: 4
Delicious homemade meals (what can I say, I do good work): 5
Glasses of wine consumed: ksljfsjgto what?
Wonderful evenings spent with the Kid: all were great
Number of times the Kid has watched Mickey's Christmas: Not going to admit it. Don't want to be shamed.
Average hours of sleep per night: 8 (thank you Jeebus!)
Number of times I tried to motivate myself to stop eating bagel chips in fits of stress at my desk: Countless
Christmas cards and letters sent: 20
Number of times I cried: 1, but that was for Mandela
Number of times I yelled out during the new Dallas that Sue Ellen needs to stop messing with her face: 6

And so, I am so very much looking forward to the weekend. I have just a little bit of shopping to do tomorrow. Otherwise I want to wrap and rap and not think about the possible stressful Sunday afternoon. I need to enjoy these days and I feel like a little rum soaked eggnog might just do the trick. Ho. Ho. Ho.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge