The Next Three Days

Happy Christmas Eve!!! Man, it was hard to get up this morning and put on my spackle. I just wanted to stay on the couch and watch Christmas cartoons and bathe in eggnog. At least it is only a half day at work today. As of 1, I am outie and then I am meeting a friend for our traditional Christmas Eve drink. Then I will head home and get changed and then around 4:30 we will head to the In-laws. We'll open gifts, eat dinner and then head back home when the Kid starts to have a sensory overload.

The Husband and I will watch some TV, drink some wine and then sleep the sleep of champions, until 5:30 a.m. when the Kid will start yelling for milk. One of us will give the Kid milk and then we will sleep the sleep of champions until 7 a.m. I will make mimosas for the Husband and I and then make German oven pancakes and wear p.j.'s. New Christmas Day tradition - p.j.'s. The Kid got a pair, I bought myself a pair and the Husband will get his pair tonight and will no doubt kvetch and I will be all like "WHY MUST YOU RUIN CHRISTMAS?!?" and then he'll wear them and I will be happy once again. Then the day will involve moving as little as possible. Around 5:00 we'll let the Kid open presents and then he will no doubt have another sensory overload. At 7:30 we will throw him into the crib and then I will melt some cheese and the Husband and I will eat the cheese fondue and drink the wine and then it is time for our presents! Next year I hope to be able to open the gifts with the Kid, but for now, it is probably wise to separate the activities - lest he steal my thunder, I mean blender.

On the 26th, I will make pancakes with maple syrup and then prep for our friends coming over in the afternoon. All together we will be 4.5 people so my menu makes absolutely no sense but if I wear stretchy pants, I might just be able to put a dent in it. The menu is:

egg strata
veggie pie
white chicken enchiladas
pizza
red thai curry meat balls with rice

Based on the amount of cheese in our fridge, there better be a wing of a dairy farm dedicated to me.

So, in just a few hours, I will be enjoying a drink and looking forward to 3 days of debauchery and gorging! Merry Christmas Everybody! May the Tums and Pepto Bismal be on hand!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge