Low Carb Lasagna

I don't think I have posted this magical recipe before. It is pretty sinful but still low carb. I made a huge batch on Saturday because I knew I would be hurting on Sunday and it would be a good way to stop mindless carb eating. This recipe uses halloumi; as I was cooking up a batch, the Kid walked into the kitchen and grabbed a plate of fried halloumi off the counter and took it to the sofa. I called out to him that he might be disappointed. I waited patiently and waited for the exaggerated gagging and loud "BLECH", usually reserved for carrots and his week old cookies. Instead he declared "MMMMMM!!" and proceeded to eat half a plate. I have to say, I was kind of impressed. He also loved the finished product and kept saying "Moooooorrreeee lasagaga". The Kid knows the way to my heart.

So this is how I make my low carb lasagna; all the ingredients in a normal lasagna are the same except instead of noodles, use cooked halloumi. It holds its shape fairly well and the halloumi just gives it a little extra salty taste but otherwise - it tastes like lasagna. Go forth! Make halloumi lasagna.

I got on the scale this morning and I was down 6.6 pounds so that makes me mucho happy. I would ideally be down a total of 9 pounds by Christmas so that I can go into those 2-3 days of carbing with a happy conscience. I also hit the gym again this morning and did 30 minutes on the cross trainer with my Kindle - A Mary Higgins Clark Christmas mystery - damn straight.

I can't wait to head home and have a chill night with the Kid - the Husband is out tonight with some co-workers so I get to watch The Santa Clause on the television and eat scrambled eggs.

I'm also super excited because on Friday, the Mother in Law is taking the Kid for the night and the Husband and I will hit a Christmas market and purchase some ornaments, then go for dinner and then watch TV at a volume that humans can hear. I cannot wait!

And by the way, 1 week until Christmas Eve!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge