Goals for 2014

I can't believe that it is my last day of my mini holiday. It has been so great spending so much time with the Kid. I am just grateful that the Husband is home next week so that he has one more week without the daycare. I go back to work on Monday and then have a half day on Tuesday, Wednesday is off and then I work Thursday and Friday. Not so bad, but still, insert childish voice, I don't wanna! To be honest, I really like my job and my co-workers so it really isn't a chore to go, I just don't want to put on a bra.

In other news, I have to plan our New Year's Eve dinner. I'm leading towards homemade chicken and red pepper pizza (otherwise known as: using crap we already have in the kitchen). Probably paired with a salad and of course champagne.

Gah! Just got back from the gym and nobody was there to open it. NOT HAPPY! NOT FUN GOING OUTSIDE ON A WINTER MORNING AT 5:55. MAD! So I decided to do some squats at home and now am back in my pjs. I am now on day 2 of my squat challenge. My butt better be so awesome in a month.

Anyway, today I am talking about my goals for 2014. I have a few. They are different from my resolutions but all kind of tie into eachother. So, my goals for 2014:

-Do a good job at my day job
-Continue to write about inane stuff on my blog (you know you love it)
-Find way to win 2 million euros
-Have the Kid fully integrated into his new daycare by the end of January
-Have a rocking birthday party for myself in February (I need to dance and I need to have cake with friends)
-Teach an awesome fashion course on January 28
-Get a "diagnosis" for the Kid (I think it is linked to speech delay, stubborness, seperation anxiety and a great dislike of his current daycare)
-Have a super successful charity event again this year (last year we raised 350 euros for the SOS Kinderdorf and I hope to raise at least 500 this year. I hope to see a lot of you there! It will be a blast and a lot harder than last year!)
-Hit the gym at least 4 times a week, 1-2 DVD sessions of Jillian Michaels and 1-2 DVD yoga sessions. This is why I wanted a new DVD player for the bedroom. I also bought a Yoga mat. What have I become? Yoga makes me twitchy and yet I know how incredibly awesome it is so this is a real New Year's resolution for me: accept Yoga into my life. Namaste, bitches.
-Get more organized. Not me personally, I am super organized. I mean the apartment. Clear out drawers, closets and toys. Every month (not January), I want to take on a big project. Less mess, less stress.
-Make healthy eating choices
-Really work on my marriage. It is a good marriage but like with anything, it takes time and dedication.
-Spend as much time as possible with the Kid. No Internet until the Kid is in bed. Then, as of 7:30 p.m., I can ignore the Husband and read about all the wonderful and stupid things celebrities do!
-Worry less and meditate more and by meditate, I mean drink better wine
-Keep pushing myself but still find time to relax (between 5:20 a.m. and 5:55 a.m.)
-Finally re-start and finish my kerblasted novel
-Just be happy

And that's pretty much it. January is going to bean absolutely crazy month! On the 8th we have a meeting with another speech therapist. Later that same day I have a meeting regarding my fashion course. On the 13th we start the kindergarten integration which involves just an hour or two in the mornings. I am taking mornings off the first week, then the Husband will come home for a bit and I will head to work and then the Nanny will take over for the evening. It is going to be exhausting but worth it in the end. I hope it doesn't take more than 2 weeks for him to adjust. On the 24th, the Husband and I are meeting a child therapist and then on the 28th, I am teaching my first course. I will breathe a big sigh of relief when next month is over but I have a feeling I will kind of enjoy all the craziness because I know that we are on the right track to getting the Kid into a better place. A place that doesn't suggest he go to a kindergarten that has severely mentally disabled students (this was said a week ago to the Husband. I CANNOT WAIT TO NEVER EVER SEE THE OLD PLACE AGAIN!).

So there you have it, goals for 2014. I'm pretty excited to move into a new year. Things will be getting better - I know it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge