One Week Until Christmas

Holy moly, deck the halls! I keep getting mini Christmas moods and then they are annihilated by crazy work. So after today, it is full steam ahead and I am going to enjoy it to the max! Hollah! Holly?

Last night the Husband was out and I was looking forward to a silent night (get it, yeah). I put the Kid to bed at 7:30 and made some dinner. The Kid yelled out "mommy!" and I assumed he wanted more milk. I went in and he was standing in his crib and I asked him "Do you want more milk?" and he replied "bitte" and so I went and got him a new bottle. When I got back, the bugger was on the other side of the crib with a look of triumph. We are so incredibly screwed. I let him lie down on the sofa and I was like "See? You ain't missing anything. Look, Mommy's putting on a face mask. Boo-oring". When he still didn't go back to his crib, I brought him to our bed where he sighed and looked up at the ceiling. So I turned to him and said "Time for your bed?" and he whispered "bitte". I'm hoping this is a one-time thing. Now I know he is passed the age of cribs but he hasn't tried a great escape - well with success - so we figured we could keep him in there until our parenting involved threats and not just bribes. Fun times ahead.

Coincidentally, I had just read an article yesterday that said that the perfect bedtime for a toddler was 8:10. Apparently some sleep hormone starts to kick in around 7:30 and I'm paraphrasing here, but the person who wrote the article said something like: if you can hold on for another 40 minutes, then your kid will fall asleep better. Obviously this journalist has never spent more than 5 minutes with a tired toddler. Forty minutes extra and you will be giving up State secrets and selling your kidneys on some illegal e-bay type site. Doesn't hurt to try? Stay tuned for the results.

I hit the gym again this morning. I now really look forward to it - well - being finished. There is nothing quite like heading out into a frigid windy dark winter morning to go and sweat and feel pain. I hate you metabolism. I truly do!

I am making some Thai soup tonight with low carb Japanese noodles. I think with cold to the bone weather like this, I need to spice it up. And buy Tums. I cannot believe that Christmas is a week away and that I still haven't caved into the chocolate and cookies lining the office hallways. The force is strong in me. Or, I have been writing lists upon lists of crap I will consume December 24-26. December 27 will be a hard day but I shall be victorious!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge