The Day Before the Night Before Christmas

Holy crap! It is the 23rd of December and all through the house, one creature was stirring and shouting out lists of things that need to get purchased before tomorrow. The Husband is off for two weeks and is therefore in charge of all things at home. He decided to take the Kid to daycare so he could "get some last minute shopping" - translation: I have to match the number of gifts you bought me lest I end up sleeping on the sofa on the 25th. I also asked the Husband to buy: wine, champagne, orange juice and toilet paper. One of these is not like the other.

I also took a picture of the living room and said to the Husband "let's keep it like this so that when I come home, I don't kill you". I cleaned a lot over the weekend because I plan to be comatose on the 25th. On the 26th we have friends coming over but at least most of the "deep" cleaning has been done.

Yesterday I met up with a friend, who is back in Wien for a visit, for lunch and then we met up with some more friends at a Christmas Market. I had some apple cinnammononon punsch and now I can officially say I am done with gluhwein and punsch for the season. I can also say that I am officially off my diet until the 27th. Let the games begin!

I just have half a day of work tomorrow and then I am free for 5 days! I cannot describe how excited I am! Oh yes I can, I AM SO EXCITED! I also have been eating my way through crap today and I believe I will need an adrenaline shot to get me to come down. Tonight is thick crust pizza for dinner and then perhaps angioplasty.

Not much to report but hope you are all safe in your travels today and looking forward to an awesome Christmas - I know I am!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge