Buh Bye 2013

What a year. What a stressful, difficult year. But to be fair, there was definitely some awesomeness as well. The terrible parts were mostly about the Kid and the daycare and the multiple diagnosiseseses and the judging. I have never been so stressed out in my life but I feel like it truly made me stronger and made me realize that I will do everything in my power to make sure the Kid has a great childhood. I need a drink.

This year we also lost my cousin which was a shock and still is.

I had 4 months off this year and was able to get a lot of painting and organizing done but yet it was difficult not knowing if I would truly get another contract and if that contract would be a little bit more permanent.

Through all of the craziness, there was also a lot of awesomeness; Bristol hotel stay and upgrade, great date nights, fun nights out, ball visit, seeing and meeting Margaret Cho, two visits to Berlin, a trip to Greece, lots of tennis in the summer, a post featured on Just Say Jenn, incredible blog readership, amazing support from everybody from around the world, finally getting a longer term contract and most of all, being healthy. So I have to be grateful for all of that and I am.

I know that 2013 has been a difficult year for a lot of people I know so I am here to say, 2014 is going to be amazing! I just was reminded this morning of the Happy Jar. My friend has done this in the past and I am going to start to do it as of tomorrow! You pretty much get a jar and throughout the year put in pieces of paper listing awesome things that have happened; i.e. dinner at a new restaurant, botox. Then on New Year's Eve, you open the jar and read all the memories. I think it is such an awesome idea!

I will be heading to the gym shortly. I am super tired this morning but I will perk up soon. The champagne is chilling in the fridge and the Husband bought those lead things that you melt and then pour into water and it tells your future. Mine always end up looking like noses... must look into plastic surgeons. I have a half day of work and then I will be home around 1:30. Hopefully I will get to take a nap. I have a feeling that the Kid will be woken up by the fireworks so it is going to be a long night.

I'm looking forward to a quiet night at home for New Year's Eve. There is something nice about being, I don't know, warm. We have a decent view of local fireworks from our balcony and we get to blast the waltz at midnight. Love.

So anyway, today is going to be about pouring all my good thoughts into 2014. And so I say buh bye 2013. And I would like to wish my wonderful friends and family a HAPPY NEW YEAR! Without all of your support - your messages, your posts - I don't think I would be mentally where I am now. Thank you from the bottom of my cold and butter filled heart. LET'S GET THIS YEAR OVER WITH ALREADY!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge