What I Thought My Life Would Be Like

Oh Kids. Kids with their crack pipe dreams. I had so many dreams as a kid. So many visions of what my life would be like. A large part was the idea that once I was an adult, I could eat chocolate everyday, and pizza too. I literally imagined a cupboard of chocolate and a pizza place next door.

I imagined dates with handsome men with defined jawlines (I read a lot of Harlequin novels) while I wore a leisure suit and my hair was feathered (I read a lot of Harlequin novels from the 70s) and ate dinner at an Italian restaurant with checkered tablecloths and netting on the ceiling (I read a lot of Harlequin novels from the 70s that were terrible).

I imagined myself in some high powered job wearing suits with shoulder pads (I watched films in the 80s) while I yelled "objection your honour!!" or jammed a microphone into some corrupt politician's face and asked "any comment on your affair with the minor, Senator?".


I imagined living in a loft in Paris, drinking something sophisticated while eating chocolate and pizza. I would have long soft Bardot hair and wear a lot of cableknit and carry my groceries in a paper bag without handles.

I would eat Chinese food out of the those containers that are in every single film ever containing a scene where the characters eat Chinese food.

I imagined that friends would drop by unannounced and we would sit on huge sofas and drink wine and watch something on TV.


But most of all, I wanted to meet the man of my dreams...

And while a lot of it could be a pipe dream, it kind of turned out the way I imagined. I live in an incredible European city, have a decent job and actually own a couple of suits with shoulder pads (those are for special occasions), have awesome friends who I can meet up for drinks or watch made for TV films with. And I met a great man. Kids weren't part of my pipe dream when I was 8 but now I have been blessed enough to have an incredible son. Life is pretty awesome. Ok, so I haven't gotten the Bardot hair, but there is still time. And enough cableknit for EVERYBODY!!!

Comments

  1. Reflecting on what I thought my life would be like reveals the journey of growth and change. Our aspirations evolve with time, shaped by experiences and unforeseen opportunities. How Games Play While reality might differ from our initial vision.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge