I Have a Confession

Hi my name is T and I'm a carboholic. I have been one since I discovered all things bread years ago. I can eat 10 bagels in one sitting and then an hour later, hate myself. I feel like I have hit rock bottom and now I am here.

Last week I wrote a huzzah love me for me and forget about my weight blog post, and then I felt all empowered and downed half a bag of Bugles and ordered pizza. And then I felt bad. And so I took some time, and sat down, and thought and thought and realised that yes, I am a carboholic. My waistline has suffered horribly the past few months. I've been dressing like Leah Remini on King of Queens that season after she had her baby (in real life). There were a lot of ponchos worn. Luckily I own a lot of ponchos. But I am done. I am done with the "carb malaise", the lack of energy and the hating myself every time I put on a pair of pants that fit last year. The war of the button and button hole is being fought and nobody wins. And so, after so long of fighting it, I am low carbing again... Insert big sigh here.

The thing is, is that low carbing really isn't that bad. I eat well on it (I actually consume more veggies), I lose weight and I get a ton of energy. I was on it years ago and I lost a ton of weight. I've been bouncing around for the past year and every few months I would try and start low carb and then a doughnut would come flying at my face (true story) and then I'd be done. I never seem to make it past the third day. But now I am on day 6 and feeling like my old self and feeling, well, pretty fantastic!

Everyone says that moderation is key. You know what? Moderation is like that distant cousin you have never met that everybody always talks about "Moderation is such a great kid! What a hard worker! Just goes to show you that hard work and Moderation gets you places!" and then your relatives are like "You should check in with Moderation. Get some advice!" and then I'm all like "Screw Moderation. He's a trust fund baby! That condo in the city? Yeah, his parents bought that for him!" And that is the thing about low carbing, I don't really have to worry too much about moderation. I get my cheese and my bacon too!

There will always be naysayers to the low carb way and that is fine, but at this point I need a hero, a hero who can let me lose weight and make me feel good about myself again. And so my friends, I am now officially low carbing and I wish I could have found another path but meh, this is the one I have to take. Now where's my damn Babybel?!?!?!


Comments

  1. I get it. Remember, drink lots of water (animal protein can be rough on the kidneys) and if you are going to incorporate any carbs, make them whole grain goodness. I won't tell you what works for you, just stay healthy! If you're doing it with veggies and not bacon and ribeye steaks, then you'll probably be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I've had so much success with it in the past... I just need to eventually be able to add whole grains when I get to goal cause otherwise I will end up cutting a Rabbi for a bagel... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did low carb to lose some weight before I started rowing. Then I did rowing. And then, I needed carbs in a hurry. If you are doing a lot of activity, you may need some carbs. That could mean fruit over bagels, but it can make a huge difference. I do enough exercise that I don't think I could do low carb because my brain would turn to mush! Trust me, I've been there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so funny how people react differently to low carb... I have heard people reacting really badly towards it.. For me, it makes me much more alert.. I think, maybe, I might, have a bit of a gluten intolerance and most likely, refined flour is my kryptonite! My activity level is nowhere as amazing as yours! I use my foot to pick up my remote control!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge