A Different Approach to Halloween Decorating

The Halloween party is 5 weeks away and I have a lot to do to prep. I already have boxes of decorations, but I have decided to take a different route this year. Every year I put up plasticky scene setters and they look fun but I am a little tired of them. Also, they be a pain in da tuckus to put up and I have a feeling that the Kid is going to tear them down. I also want to make this year a little classier and dare I say, authentic?

I want the place to be more home like, like a home in Hell. So the plan is to switch out our normal decor and switch it up with Halloween stuff. i.e. Normal pillows - now covered in Halloween pillowcases. Normal salt and pepper shakers - now Halloween salt and pepper shakers. Normal tea towels - now Halloween tea towels. I think you get the idea. The place will still be macabre, but as I said before, It will be classy death meets Martha Stewart with a pinch of Addams Family. Heyo!

And here are two crafts I worked on this weekend.

First, Halloweeny tea towels. Yeah, check them out.


And second, creepy pictures. I printed out A4 pictures. Bought some mounted (heh) canvas. Glued the paper to the mounted (heh) canvas and then shellacked the crap out of them. I want to make at 5-8 more and make one wall a creepy gallery. So excited!


Now that I have a new decor plan, these next few weeks are going to be hectic in regards to prepping. On October 6, I will officially start decorating! I cannot wait!!!! Stay tuned for more pictures of Halloween crafts and posts about how stressed I am. Yay!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge