Throwback Thursdays

Last night was not a good night. The nanny told us the daycare is having issues once again with the Kid. Gah! This morning we took him to the doctor for a booster and he, well, let's just say, the doctor said he is one of the most "active" patients he has ever had. Not a good week. The Husband has taken the morning off to hang out with the Kid and we have sadly cancelled our date night. Sacrifices, my friends, sacrifices. But that is all I want to talk about this terrible time at this time because I will turn once again into a blubbering mess and this mascara ain't waterproof. So onto happier times! HUZZAH!

Oh, and quickly, I am so super grateful for the private messages yesterday of support and love... And of course the incredible feedback on this blog. This is so much cheaper than therapy and the end goal is to one day become a real writer and have a chubby Leelee Sobieski play me in a Hallmark movie. But a happy Hallmark movie that involves talking reindeer and/or discovering the real meaning of Halloween. So share this blog if you want to see a fabulous made for TV film with stars such as Tori Spelling and Eddie Cibrian and a chubby Leelee Sobieski playing me.

So anyway, recently I have been seeing celebrities and bloggers and Twitter people do a so-called Throwback Thursday. I have decided to steal that concept and so now I would like to welcome you all to the very first Operation Tubetop Throwback Thursday (ayayayayay (echo)). In other words, shit Tova remembers from her childhood. Join me on this fabulous trip down Nostalgia Lane, where the citizens wear mom jeans and scrunchies. And guys like this were awesome!
 


When I was about 11, my parents bought me the board game Nightmare. It was awesome!!!


It was an interactive board game with a VHS tape. Pretty much you put in the tape, it lasts 60 minutes and in that time you have to role dice and collect keys and do other crap within that time. Now the part that made it interactive was the bastard gatekeeper who would pop up at random to yell at you. And it.would.scare.
the.crap out of me every.single.time. Present Tova would like to tell past Tova to have written down the times the gatekeeper would pop out so that she wouldn't pee herself. It was a tape, it never changed.

The gatekeeper would start off looking like this:


Then end up looking like this. This was a man with an obvious skin disease, no wonder he was an asshole.


But this game was such a staple of my preteens and my journey into bladder control and having some random actor scream at me and call me a maggot. Sleepovers were not complete without a game of Nightmare. The 90's were awesome!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge