Love My Boots Hate My Rash

Gah! Rash! I broke out in a rash on my forehead and neck the other day and like any normal person, I grabbed some scissors and gave myself some bangs. Take that skin disfigurement. Sigh. I think I know the source of my rash, not completely sure, but I think it is a reaction to a L'Oreal product I bought the other day. The Husband saw the box, picked it up and said "This is for people in their 50s and up!" and I responded "I know, I'm just so very tired." Well damn you L'Oreal, I look like Freddy Kruger, Kruger with bangs.

But this is a good reminder that I need to stick to my true and tested Nivea. Off and on for years I have slathered Nivea cream on my skin and have never had a problem. But every 6 months, a flashy plastic wrapped box catches my attention and I try something new and I am never ever satisfied. Well no more!!! And by otherworldly coincidence I read an article of a woman comparing Creme de la Mer ("sea cream" which makes me have images of Nemo being a very very bad fish) and Nivea. One half of her face she slathered with the very pricey blood of virgin Creme de la Mer and the other half, with regular blue tin Nivea. After a month, a dermatologist looked at her skin and lo and behold, the Nivea worked better. SOLD! BACK TO NIVEA IT IS! I feel at peace.

In other news, I headed to the store in my fabulous new Joules rainboots and people were so Jelly of my Wellies. By the way, I have trademarked that phrase now for my future venture into raingear for teen wanna be gangstas living in Oklahoma. Because what teenagers don't love practical footwear? My commercials would be epic. A rainbow of ethnicities wearing my rainboots, breakdancing and at the end they rap "Yo, they be so Jelly for my Wellies... booooy!" Epic. I'm going to be rich! Happy Saturday!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge