Well, it is Friday

Woot! Went back to work yesterday. Still not feeling a hundred percent but I like being at work because then I don't feel the guilties. I am so looking forward to the weekend - on Saturday we have a three year old's party to attend and then in the evening the Husband is taking the inlaws out for dinner. I'm stocking up on Halloween stuff and I should probably wait until I start decorating so I know what I have. I always forget about the crap I already own and then I'm like, "10 glitter skulls?!?! That's slightly excessive." And yes, my middle name is Excessive so I shouldn't be surprised.

I bought this awesome wrought iron candelabra the other day. Not just for Halloween but for everyday. I shouldn't have really bought it but I can't say no to 24.99. And so I bought it and the Husband asked if it was new and I said no, we've had it for years. And then he found the box and receipt under the table. Gaslighting the Husband? Level: dumbass on my part.

Last night we went to parent teacher night. It is more of an info session about what's happening on "campus". When the director mentioned a skating club, one mom irately announced that last year "she specifically bought new skates for her daughter and she didn't learn how to skate after 5 lessons! Can you believe it?!?" and the Husband audibly groaned and then I shushed him but then whispered "Might we interest your daughter in the chess club?" and I'm going to hell. We were supposed to continue upstairs, after the info session, in the Kid's classroom, but we ran. Oh how we ran. And before you call us bad parents, you should know we went last year and it involved being asked questions while holding M&M's that melted in my hand, not in my mouth. They asked the Husband what film character would he be and he answered "Ted", also know as the coke snorting teddy bear. Yeah, that was fun explaining to the super religious daycare provider who Ted was. And then another daycare provider, when asked what she would do if she could be granted one wish, said she dreamt of one day when she wouldn't have to wear a mask to hide her feelings of emotional pain from her children. I think I stared at her in shock for about 10 minutes. So, yeah, we felt safe skipping this year.

In other news, we can start sending the Kid to tennis lessons next Spring and that is fabulous because forget being a stage mom, tennis mom is where it is at. Think of the outfits I could wear! Happy Friday the 13th - always an awesome day for me!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge