New Look and a Stupid Purchase

The Husband went out last night to watch a football game (soccer). The Husband rarely goes out so when he does it is a great chance for me to watch crap on TV and read blogs about Halloween. The only thing that bothers me is that the blasted games don't start until 8:45 and usually by nine I'm ready for bed. Another awesome thing about yesterday was that I got a couple of hours to myself in the apartment in the afternoon. Usually I am home just before 6. I say thank you thank you thank you to the nanny, give the Kid a bath and then make dinner for the Kid and play with his train set but now on Fridays, when the inlaws are in town, the mother in law picks the Kid up from daycare. Then Husband picks him up from the in laws and gets home around 6:30. This gives me an hour or two to chill and it is total bliss.

As you can see, the blog looks different. It was time. Last time I made a change it went all funky and I was like "stahp Internet, stahp!!" and I tried to press ctrl alt delete and nothing worked and then I was sad. I finally got it to look normal again and I vowed not to mess with the layout until I was sober and or smarter. And yesterday that was the case and here it is. I like it, it is glamorous. The background picture is from The Women and I used this pic for the theme for a dear friend's bachelorette party a few years ago. Love.

Now, on to my stupid purchase. Not my rain boots, they fit and they are fabulous. But my raincoat I ordered, oi vay. I decided to buy a yellow raincoat... most commonly featured on Murder She Wrote or in the film The Perfect Storm. I figured I'd look all Cape Cod-like and I decided to buy a large because then I could wear a cable knit sweater under it. Well, I don't know much about Denmark but the citizens seem to be extremely long armed beings - or I have T-rex arms (jury is still out). This coat is huge!!! Instead of looking like a young and spritely Jessica Fletcher, I look like the serial killer in I Know What You Did Last Summer. I need a hook hand. I cry.

Happy Saturday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge