Throwback Thursday - She Ra and Her Ladies

Throwback Thursday! Holla! Nostalgia sets in ever more the ever you age. There are so many amazing blogs out there that show us a blast from the past and your heart strings are tugged when you think back to those times when days seemed to stretch on for ever and you could spend hours in your room playing.

Back in the mid to late 80's, She Ra burst onto the scene. I have no idea how I even found out about her at the time because we were living in Germany and the only shows available in English were Coronation Street and Postman Pat. Somehow my super spidey senses found out about She Ra and her gang and I went gaga!

My first figurine was She Ra. Oh how I loved her. It didn't matter that she had the oddest body shape or that her outfit was not exactly like the cartoon. She was mine and she totally dated Ken. The only thing that annoyed me was her stupid crown. Look down, now look up. How in God's name did that crown match the cartoon? The makers must have been on crack.


Next one I got was Mermista. Oh, she became my favourite and fast. She was an ever-loving mermaid. A MERMAID! Mermista and I were bath buddies. Her synthetic hair was downright disgusting when it got wet but I didn't care, she was perfect.


And you know why she was so awesome? Remember that film "Splash" that came out? Yeah. I watched that the first time when I had just gotten Mermista. Who had two small thumbs and used to smuggle salt into the tub every night? This guy.


Next one I got was Perfuma. I truly liked her for fashion sense. I think that flower poofy thing that could explode and extract was perfumed. I swear I can smell it right now. She had pretty stupid super powers but her hair was fantastic. Not as great as She Ra's cause that bitch don't share her hair stylist. Oh Perfuma, green and pink are always a win.



And the ultimate of gifts was CRYSTAL FALLS! This was Mermista's hangout. She would sit there and swim and just hang out with the gals. A fantasy land martini bar, if you will. The coolest thing about this was that it had a water fall. You would fill it up and then pump and pump and pump and pump until a teeny tiny stream of water would come out from the top (insert sex joke here). The cardio was insane but 3 seconds of waterfall was worth it. I was a 7 year old with Popeye arms. Look at that bedazzled swan head! It screams class!



And so I hope, dear friends, that I have brought a little bit of nostalgia into your day. I feel slightly sad because I wish I still had those dolls. I spent hours with them, creating stories and bitching about Catra. You knew she was bad because her hair was dark. Wow 80's cartoons, you were kind of racist. Happy Thursday!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge