Random Saturday Musings and Autumn Equinox

Woke up early to give myself a little me-time. Going to be a chilled weekend; some Halloween shopping and a little window shopping (need to buy new boots, currently in the scouting stage). There will be Fall walks and cozy sweaters and hopefully a non-tantruming child. It has been a week of random freak outs on his part and I hope it just a phase... sigh. must.break.his.spirit

Today I will be buying knee-high socks at a store name Tchibo (if you live in Austria or Germany, you should learn to respect the awesomeness of Tchibo/Eduscho). I love knee high socks. I feel all Cher Horowitz when I wear them. And then I look in the mirror and think I "could be a farmer in those clothes" (I loved you Brittany Murphy!!!) Anyway...

It is that awesome time of month where my hormones hold me hostage and pants with buttons seem like an epic challenge. Even though I know when the time is coming, I am also fairly suprised. Two days before, I act like a wreck, switching between the HAPPIEST PERSON ON EARTH!!! to I AM SO ANGRY ABOUT EVERYTHING!!! The Husband will ask me to pass the salt and I'll respond with "Well, I think you should sleep on the sofa tonight!" And in the midst of it, I won't even realize it. It is only until a couple of days later that I go "oooooh... Now I get it... ooops! Soowwrrry!" as the Husband rocks back and forth holding himself in the corner. Good times.

Today is the Autumn Equinox - a changing of the seasons, the end of summer, the promise of good things - or in my book - the time to bring out the Uggs and celebrate the first official day of Fall. Buh bye razor! See you in the Spring or maybe before. Depends on if the Husband embraces the furry look. But I digress. Since it is the Autumn Equinox, I bought some dried sage to burn in our apartment. I figure a little cleansing of our living space might be just what the doctor ordered. Of course, this could lead to the Husband thinking I have lost my ever loving mind and will proceed to spray me down with Holy Water while exclaiming "Satan release!!!", which could, actually, make for a very interesting Saturday night. Maybe I should bring out that razor...

My three-four crafts to complete this weekend are:
-finish Halloween dishtowels
-cut out dozens and dozens of bats
-make old fashioned Halloween paintings with printouts and shellac (mommy gonna get high)
-cut out Marth Stewart template mice

Let the fun begin!!! Happy Saturday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge