That 70's Party

I loved That 70's Show back in the day. The first few seasons were epic. I hearted it. I have always had a thing for the 70's - I dunno, men in turtlenecks and melted cheese - fantastico. I also have a thing for the 60's too, but that's another post. Back to the awesome 70's! Fashion was pretty insane back then (I'm looking at you Polyester) yet, I am and always will be a Halston fan. I don't have the right figure to pull that era off but I can look at it from afar and appreciate it. There was something so commercial and plastique about the 70's and I most likely would have been called a "square" at marches had I lived in that time - because I ain't burning my really nice bras but I do support you ladies - I just need to support my ladies! Feminism was rampant and awesome and yet to be used as a dirty word to describe a woman who is tough. Kama Sutra was a best selling book and people were moving out of the stereotypical gender roles of the rigid 50's and 60's. Books like Breakfast of Champions and Johnathan Livingston Seagull were bestsellers and people were looking into alternative medicines and food on a stick.

And so, that is why I decided to hold my 33rd birthday as a 70's theme. Polyester for EVERYBODY! Now, if I was to be hosting it at our place, you would currently find me covered in blood from the million shards of glass I would be gluing to styrofoam balls. I would be purchasing retro fondue pots and old copies of Variety and shag carpeting. But alas, no party at our place. Instead, I've booked a private room at a pub and it will be awesome. There is a light system and a sound system and there will be dancing and glow sticks. The only thing I really need to do is figure out dessert and how to project awesome pictures from that era. Here are a couple of priceless shots.

How about this?

I don't know about you Bob, but I love how these pants give me a totally new waistline.

Or this

Hey Girls, let's wear powder blue polyester on Fridays. Pit stains for everybody!

And this is the awesomest of them all!
At the car wash or the disco. Like retro maxi dresses - from day to night.

And soo, I'm patiently awaiting for my accessories for the party that I have ordered. I have two outfits in the wings - dependent on my weight loss progress. So, let's do the hustle!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge