Asian Dumpling Soup

When I was visiting my parental units in Berlin last November, my mother and I went to an Asian restaurant around the corner. I ordered a soup that came with noodles and dumplings and it was amahzing. I decided to recreate this soup at home and here is the recipe I came up with.

Asian Dumpling Soup

Ingredients
2-3 cups chicken broth
.5 cup coconut milk
Dash of soy sauce
Dash of sesame oil
1 tsp of sesame seeds
1 clove crushed garlic
2-4 dried chilis, chopped (I like mine spicy)
Kafir lime leaves (optional)
Lemon grass (optional)
Chopped spring onions
Veggies of choice (I put thinly sliced carrots and some Chinese cabbage in da soup)
Asian noodles (any type you like) - you're the boss of you, you decide the portion
Pre-made dumplings (I use chicken and vegetable frozen gyoza)

In a pot, cook the spring onions, garlic and veg for a couple of minutes in the sesame oil, then add the broth and the coconut milk and all the seasonings. Let simmer for a little bit (20-40 minutes). Place gyoza in a Chinese steamer and steam until cooked (about 10 minutes). Add noodles to the soup then place into two large bowls. Place the dumplings (gyoza) on top of the noodles, sprinkle on the sesame seeds and enjoy! So good and so filling and just awesome on a cold winter night. Not my picture but you get the idea.



This soup is super versatile and you can use pork or shrimp dumplings, any type of noodle and lots of different veg and seasoning. Heart it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge