Looking to Rent

Oooh boy... I have a lot of crow to eat. The Husband is going to smother me in my sleep. For years we have been having fights about buying an apartment. He believes a mortgage is debt. I believe renting is a waste of money. I have spent so many hours getting all up in his grill (yeah, I wrote that) ranting at him that we need to buy buy BUY! Well, cough, I've changed up my mind. Walk with me and I'll tell you of my new plan of action.

So, I want a bigger apartment. I want the Kid to have his own room that doesn't require curtains and blinds and piles of pillows so that the light from the TV in the living room doesn't keep him up at night. I want to entertain in the dining room and not walk around with a head lamp and speaking in soft tones. I want a bathroom that is large enough so I don't get felt up by the washing machine every time I brush my teeth. I would prefer not to knock myself out on the door handle when I visit the little girl's room. I would like to not make every Halloween party a fire hazard due to a breech in maximum occupancy limits. Yes, I want a bigger place. Now, to even consider buying an apartment in Vienna, you need a 20 percent down payment for the bank to even let you walk into their doors. An apartment of my desire is going to go for at least 600,000 euros and that means a down payment of 120,000 euros. Now, I no good at math, or the English language for that matter, but that is, excuse my French, a shit load of money. Could we save that amount in 5 years? Probably, but then we wouldn't even be guaranteed a mortgage and I can only eat frozen food for so long.

And what am I trying to say, then? I am saying that I don't want to wait 5 more years until we can consider moving into a larger place. No. Stomp the ground. No! I WANT A BIGGER PLACE! After careful calculations (5 minutes on the laptop calculator), I figure we can afford to rent a decent place in a decent area and still save the monies. It's time.

The only hurdle I have is now convincing the Husband. Sometimes I end up thinking I have told the Husband something I have planned but in the end it just has been a conversation in my head and when he says I never told him that, I tell him he should see a doctor about that. Bad wife. I need to now make my, I mean our, plans known about renting but I have to be subtle. For the past few days I've been sing songing to the Kid when the Husband is nearby about a magical new apartment "And then you'd have your own room with 4 walls. La la la. And Mommy and Daddy could watch TV at a normal volume. La la." I figure I can subliminally (sp.?) put the thought into the Husband's head and then in a couple of months he will turn to me and say "You know what? We should rent an apartment."

If that doesn't work. I'm bringing in the big guns. My mother. (Mommy, when we Skype on the weekend can you mention that renting an apartment that is bigger would be a good idea. Thanks!) My maturity knows no bounds.

Stay tuned for what happens next. I believe by the end of this year, we will getting ready to move into a new place and no doubt be haggling over a stupid light fixture! Or the Husband will veto my "CHANDELIERS IN ALL THE ROOMS!" idea and then I will throw a snit. I cannot wait!

This is happening. Even in the bathroom.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge