Day 4 - Come On, Kid

So, another day of integration at the daycare. Another 90 minutes of willing the Kid to make his way into the main room and start ignoring me. Not happening. Instead, he finds great joy in opening and closing the door. At one point he got frustrated when the awesome woman at the daycare asked him to stop playing with the door. I wasn't sure what to do. Finally he calmed down and laid down in the middle of the hallway. He stared up at the ceiling and the woman seemed quite pleased. She turned to me and said "This is good. He's calming himself down." I didn't have the heart to say that he was most likely pooping. Big sigh.

She suggested that tomorrow I bring in a book and just sit and read and let him make a move to go and play by himself. I also didn't have the heart to point out that at home, me "sitting and reading" involves locking the toilet door and ignoring the Kid throwing himself at the door with the force of a thousand raptors.
Mommy? Mommy? MOOOOOMMMMY!
And so, I have a feeling that tomorrow will be more of the same but this time I will bring my Kindle - I am currently reading a book about ethics (I hope they have a chapter about not freaking out at a child). We don't have much time and these half days are killing me. It is fantastic to be able to spend so much time with the Kid but it is hard to speak in soft, soothing tones and being surrounded by people who would judge me for saying "YOUR ASS IS GRASS!" to my child. Patience, Tova, patience.

And so, tomorrow is a new day. Tonight I am going out for the first time in like forever for Mexican food and some Happy Hour Margaritas! Mommy needs to be off one night. And so, I wish you a pleasant day. I wish you time to read a book and to take a bath and to plan a holiday that involves a flight. And please send me positive thoughts for tomorrow and the coming days. Repeat after me: He will be accepted by the end of next week. He will be accepted by the end of next week. He will be accepted by the end of next week. Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge