Day 7 and the Field Trip

It's almost 7 a.m. The boys in the apartment are still sleeping. Blissfully unaware that their matriarch is about to have a full blown panic attack. She is back from the gym - and, oh, by the way, was last night New Year's Eve because there are a whole lotta new people I want to kill at my gym. Da hell? Anyway, the matriarch sips her coffee and tries to remain positive about the field trip today. The same one she took exactly a week ago. Visions of a tantruming 3 year old runs through her head. But she must prevail and don spandex once again and throw side eyes to the Husband who once again does not have to attend. She is plotting revenge....

Stay tuned...

In other news, yesterday was once again a 90 minute nothing at the daycare. The head woman isn't in on Mondays so the other two providers didn't think it was a good idea for me to leave. Instead, I had to read a book and show the Kid I was busy and so, because he is cat-like, he kept stretching across my lap and hitting my book. Of course he wasn't bothered to go into the classroom and I am starting to get a little nervous that this integration is going to take the full 4 weeks which isn't really plausible at this point. FML. But fingers crossed that when the Husband starts going on Thursday, the Kid mans up and takes the next big step.

In about an hour and 40 minutes, we will make our way to the daycare (hopefully sans carriage) and then we will embark on a 40 minute trip to a park and a museum and oh gawd I want to cry....Dawson cry.
Why must I go on the field trip of hell?


****

Well, no field trip for us today! The Kid is getting over a cold and it is pissing rain and the last thing we need is a sick kid so I am keeping him home this morning. Cold weather o.k. Cold weather and rain? Bubble boy be staying home.

So it is cartoons and train playing for us and some laundry because now I have some time. And if the rain lets up, we will hit McCafe around the corner for a blueberry muffin. That will be a milestone - a visit to a place with four walls and people inside it, enjoying their peace. It might be a muffin to go.

Tomorrow, day 8.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge