Diagnosis Centre Visit Part Trois

It's nice to have a quiet Sunday morning on a wintry day. Currently I am eating half a toasted bagel and rocking sweat pants. It's the little things.

On Friday we celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary. The night before, the Husband bought me 10 red roses and then on Friday morning, I got a couple of gifts. We said NO GIFTS because we are going on a trip just the two of us in a few months (DUBLIN 2014! RAISE DA ROOF!). Well, the Husband is a husband to me for the past 10 years for a reason, because he went ahead and got me stuff. The first gift was a silver string necklace that said "Gt10y" and the second one was a pearl necklace. I may or may not have lifted the strand to my teeth. He may or may not have caught me doing this. I may or may not have said "Just joking!" and then I may or may not have lifted them back to my teeth after he turned his back. They're real. Heh.

So I went to work and the Husband headed to Montesorri for day 10 of integration. At 11:00 I got a text from the Husband that the Kid had actually entered the classroom and stayed and played by himself for over 40 minutes. Now, the mother in me was bursting with excitement. The wife in me (the vindictive one) went "Da hell?!?! Two days of the Husband doing this and the Kid saunters in. Verdammt!" I am really happy about this but of course the head of the school was off sick so she did not witness this feat.

After the moment that shall now be the known as "The Crossover", the Husband and I had an appointment with a child therapist at 4. I can't leave work until 3:30 due to timekeeping. I knew it would be tight to get there on time but I was determined. I legged it to the subway and made it to the tram stop. Based on calculations I knew I would have about 30 seconds to spare. But of course, the stars were not aligned because the tram was not running because some Nazis were having their annual Nazi ball and there was (rightfully so) protesting. So as a vein popped in my forehead, I grabbed a taxi and we were off. Of course he passed the street we were aiming for so I yelled out "STOP!". Threw money at him and ran the rest of the way. Now, the reason I was acting like I was in some ridiculous romantic comedy (played by a chubby Leelee Sobieksi) trying to get to that cafe one year later was because a) I hate being late and b) I did not want to be late for an appointment with a child therapist. A late mom is really no bueno in this situation.
According to the old daycare, working 40 hour weeks as a mom is worse than being Joan Crawford.

I made it with a minute to spare and had to bend at the waist to catch my breath. By the way, second floor in an Altbau Austrian building is the equivalent to the 6th floor of a normal North American apartment building hence the lack of breath and the urge to vomit. We were called in a minute later and spent the hour talking about the situation with the Kid. I have noticed that when I get worked up my German goes to pot and I have a hard time trying the find the words for "Last year was the worst year of my life and I felt like my heart had been ripped out of my chest repeatedly". She got the context and was also horrified with what we've been through. So now we have established appointments for next Friday, then on Valentine's Day and then St. Patrick's day so that she can do a full evaluation of the Kid and see where he places on the jerk spectrum. Siiiigh.

After the appointment, the Husband and I headed to Danieli, an Italian place I have wanted to go to forever. We ordered a couple of glasses of Prosecco, shared an appetizer, shared a bottle of Rose, I ordered a buffalo mozarella cheese pizza and he had pasta. We exchanged cards and then the brilliant man gave me another necklace. Then we headed home where we watched Twister - one of my favourite films. Seriously. I am obsessed with tornados and the Husband is obsessed with Helen Hunt in a white tank top. It was a nice night.
I'm screaming at you so I don't notice that you aren't wearing a bra.
Later this afternoon I am heading to a friend's place for her daughter's first birthday and then tomorrow is another day at the Montessori - I am on duty for Monday and Tuesday where no doubt the Kid will stick to me like glue. Can't wait.... cough cough. Happy Sunday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge