Prepping for my Fashion Course

Back in November, on a cold Sunday evening, I was sipping my wine and looking at a Babies Club e-mail. Every Sunday this notice comes with ads for used baby stuff and general ads looking for babysitters or offering different services. I scrolled through and found an ad looking for a personal stylist. My curiousity was piqued, yo, and I took a few more sips of my wine and sent off an e-mail. Now, I am not a stylist by trade but I love nothing more than telling people what to wear. I haven't studied fashion but I have studied fashion. Please excuse me if I sound vain here - I know what looks good on people. Having an oddly shaped figure has been a bit of a blessing in disguise because it has forced me to look at different ways of dressing. I am a firm believer that regardless of income bracket, anyone can look like a million dollars. This is why someone like Kim Kardashian sends me into seizures when I see pictures of her. WHY MUST YOU DRESS SO BADLY?!?! GAH! (first world problem, right here)

So anyway, a few days later I was pleasantly surprised to receive an e-mail back and it also was a good reminder that THOU SHALL NOT DRINK WINE AND WRITE E-MAILS BUT YET MAYBE THOU SHALL BECAUSE IT MAKES THOU TAKE A RISK THAT MIGHT PAY OFF... I met with the woman who was looking to hold a course for women on fashion and style. Perfect! For the past couple of months I have been putting together a Power Point presentation and on the 28th I will be standing in front of 20 women who I have never met and I will be telling them how to Dress For Less To Impress (great title, oder? Thank you). Am I noivous? Yes.

Contrary to popular belief, I don't like being the center of attention. I like a small group that I can tell stories of my stupidity to but otherwise, I die. Why am I having a birthday party then? I just want to dance to cheesy music and avoid standing in a line at a club and being deemed too "unhip" to get in and paying 9 euros for a white wine spritzer. And I like people. So the idea of standing in front of 20 strangers and talking about "airport chic" and the mistake that harem pants are is a little terrifying. And that is why for the next 9 days, I will be studying like I have never studied before.

The course will be about body shapes, must haves and must have nots, personal style, event dressing and which colours are the best (Winter, Summer, Spring or Autumn). I think it will be a success and I cannot wait until it is over. The timing isn't great; i.e. daycare integration, but I have to suck it up and give it my best. Why am I doing this? Well, I like a challenge and I drank too much wine on a Sunday. I also figure that life is about trying new things and getting outside of comfort zones. And now I must return to my "project" and try to figure out the most eloquent way to say that mom jeans are the work of the devil. Siiiiigh.

Comments

  1. I love that you included tips on how to choose the right fabric and color for your jacket. It's important to find a jacket that not only looks stylish but is also comfortable and functional.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge