Dressing for your Body Shape - The Series

Since my fashion course was postponed I have decided to do a little practice run with one part of the course on this blog. I figure I would highlight the 4 body types over the next week and I hope y'all find it helpful. One of my fantasy dream jobs would be to be a personal stylist. Rachel Zoe is one of my idols. Shut it. She's awesome and knows her stuff. I may not be a professional stylist but I know my fashion. I'm not being vain. Well, maybe I am. I learned a lot from my mother and over the years have had the time to study and learn about clothes (on my own time) and I feel confident that I can make any woman look incredible. Am I being vain? Yes. But I am confident in my abilities and if that's vanity, so be it. Wow, that came out snarky. Must be the bagel chip post-high I'm on. Sorry. Anyway...


Nowadays there is a plethora of information out there regarding body shapes and unfortunately, it has gotten even more confusing. It shouldn't be. This should be straight forward. What used to be the 4 standard shapes now have mutated into even more, like, the banana shape. Da hell? If I saw someone with a banana shape, I'd be a little concerned about their posture and poor life choices. Forget the banana shape. Here are the 4 shapes that I use as a guideline when helping dress someone (friends and sometimes strangers in the street (mentally)):

Hourglass
Rectangle
Apple 
Pear

Now, there are definitely variations to the 4 types but I find these to be the most all-encompassing and they serve their purpose well. Now, body shape has nothing to do with weight for the most part. Just because I carry a little (a lot) more weight in my midsection currently (DAMN YOU BAGEL CHIPS AND YOUR INTOXICATING CRUNCH!), does not mean I am apple shaped. I am actually a rectangle. What does this all mean? Stay tuned! Class dismissed... for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge