Saturday Musings

I'm slowly starting to feel better and my fever is officially gone. I think I am recovering faster than usual because I have been healthier. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. I'm still not at a 100 per cent and I could feel it during my walk this morning. But I figured some fresh air was a good idea and it was. I will no doubt crash at nap time.

This morning I will do a little grocery shopping and some jeans shopping. I kind of don't want to buy a pair because I am losing weight (down over 8 pounds, woot!) but at the same time, I need a pair. Well, if they end up not fitting soon, I can always make a terrible purse like this:

I hate these purses with the passion of a thousand fires.

Gah! Anyway, now I am going to be honest because why change now? I haven't had a re-lapse with my eating since December 27th, I haven't had one day of mindless stress eating or bingeing and I feel really proud of myself. It has been a constant struggle the past year but I feel really happy that I can control this at this point. What's changed? Hell if I know. Let's hope this trend continues.

After nap time, we will head down to Karlsplatz and take a walk and visit the playground. Then I have to stop by a bar quickly and pick up a package from the Hague a friend had a friend drop off for me- yippee! So exciting. For dinner I am making tacos. My mom suggested this as a Montessori meal (where I have to come and make lunch for 20 kids and I hope I don't turn into Gordon Ramsey "THESE TACOS ARE SO UNINSPIRED THEY MAKE TWILIGHT LOOK LIKE A MAYA ANGELOU NOVEL!") (trademarking that, by the way) and I think this will be a great kid meal. The Kid will be our guinea pig tonight. Stay tuned.

Otherwise I am going to take it easy this weekend and get fully recovered. Monday is the first day of Montessori and I am already planning my outfit - I'm thinking casual and bright colours. No need to wear a cross necklace this time (what? It was a very religious school)! I can just be me.

The Husband had a long talk with the woman at the old daycare yesterday (still doesn't know we are transferring). She pretty much said "Well, we've realized with Raphael that all kids are different. So we have to handle him differently." To which I thought, "You've JUST REALIZED THIS?!?!?". And all I can add is "Too little too late". I don't think the old daycare was evil, I truly don't. I just think it was a bad fit all round. I'm excited to embark on a new journey. Stay tuned! Now excuse me while I pass out on the sofa.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge