Kim Kardashian and the Opera Ball

She was the classiest choice of all. Mr. Lugner, this is good.

No, just say no.
Wellity wellity wellity. Last night the Husband and I were watching the German version of the Bachelor and chatting on the sofa. Calmly he turned and asked "Did you hear that Lugner is bringing Kim Kardashian to the Opera Ball?" and I put the TV on mute and turned to him and said "Where da hell did you read that?" to which he replied "Everywhere."
Dita was a good choice as well.
Now, let me take a second and explain something about my marriage. It's a competition about who is right. Thank God for the Interwebs or we would to this day still be fighting about the percentage of university attendees in Canada versus Austria. I won. Ha. Ha.

I took a deep breath and said "I don't believe you. It was nowhere in the news." and that was that and I patted the Husband on the head and watched 5 German girls in the South African brush petting a large animal while wearing heels and so many fake eyelashes which could be easily confused for food by a circling bird of prey. Of course this did not stop the Husband from proving his point so he got up and brought his subway newspaper and showed me the page that screamed that Richard Lugner, plague to Austrian high society, was in fact bringing the vapid and morally depraved Kim Kardashian to the Opera Ball.

Again I shrugged and said "Rumour." to which the Husband said "No, fact." and then he went for the jugular "I'm just surprised you didn't hear about it first." Oh.no.you.diiin't. Listen, I take great pride in knowing all things celebrity and mildly interesting news stories. I scour 4-5 celebrity sites a day, read 3 different news sites (but only the headlines cause then I get the sads), 2 cooking sites, 2 craft blogs and 2-3 personal blogs and of course, at least one German language Vienna based websites. Every single day. If I don't know about it, it ain't happening.

So I did the mature thing and rolled my eyes and said "I'll Google it". And I did and there in fact were many many sites announcing that Lugner was indeed inviting Kim Kardashian and since I am not always able to admit I am wrong (with other people, I can easily back down but when it comes to the Husband, oh, I will go down trying to win) I went on Facebook (my other wonderful source of information) and asked if this was actually true. And it was true. It was so very very true. I don't know what hurt me more? That Kim Kardashian will make her vapid-step-back-for-womankind appearance at a place I have wanted to go to for years (and I will, mark my words) or that the Husband was right and knew celebrity (let's use that term loosely, shall we?) gossip before me? I don't know. I just can't.

There we have it. The end of civilization. Kim Kardashian at the Opera Ball. Look, I know that Lugner has invited some cough "characters" cough over the years but I am SO OVER the Kardashians. Done-o. Ugh. And now let's take a little stroll through guests of past while listening to a little Babs singing Memory. Walk with me.
Carmen Electra looking like a Robert Palmer extra

One of Canada's finest exports
Paris, Pamela and now Kim? A triumvirate of sex tapes. Ach! Feminism!
Nicolette Sheridan actually has a soft spot in my heart. She was a good guest.
So now I have to apologize to the Husband as he struts around smug as smug get out. And a little piece of me has now died. Dammit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge