Battling the Flu and Winter Accessories

Yesterday I went to work. I woke up feeling like I had a cold on the horizon but I figured I would kill it with exercise and drugs but I figured wrong. By midday I was woozy and feverish and I had to head home. And I am pissed. a) I was wearing a super cute outfit yesterday and b) I have been so healthy; I've been working out, getting my fruit and veg and have only had a couple of glasses of wine over the past couple of weeks. I've been feeling great. I think this hit because I have been dreading this month and after our VERY IMPORTANT appointment on Wednesday, my body was like "You're done". I slept all afternoon, then got up to relieve the Nanny (bless her) and then played with the Kid for a couple of hours and then put him to bed. He was oddly very very good and now I'm starting to wonder if he somehow read yesterday's blog post about me laying down the law and somehow slipped something into my drink thinking to himself "Deny me my Mickey's Christmas DVD, lady, I dare you".

This morning I woke up with a fever and I cried and felt sorry for myself. The Husband brought the Kid to daycare (last day there, ever!) and I crawled onto the sofa and slept another couple of hours. I still don't feel great but the fever is gone and I'm in a sitting position. Win. I'm going to take this as a blessing in disguise; getting sick now and getting it out of the way so that I am ready and on top form for the new daycare on Monday. I won't lie, I'm kind of terrified but also pretty excited.

I'll see how the rest of today goes. I hope I can get a walk in tomorrow and maybe some Yoga over the weekend but I have to be careful not to over do it. Last night I actually slept almost 11 hours straight and that just tells me my body needed rest. Stupid body and its neediness. When the Kid gets home this afternoon, I will be watching my drinks.

And so, here is something that has nothing to do with me being sick. I started this post a couple of days ago when I was feeling all fashiony and wanty. So here it is, my Winter must-haves, and by must-haves I mean, I want these things so bad.

First up, the turban hat! I love these so much! Want one! 10 euros says that the Husband will hate this.



And as I've said before, I don't buy fur (unless it is vintage or second hand). I really really really wish that designers would use more fake fur. There are some incredible faux fur products out there. I found this coat on ASOS.de. Totally on my wish list. I love it.


And then there is this shawl from ASOS.de as well. It looks so cozy. Waaaant.



The weather has been pretty warm but the forecast shows that we will be hit with some cold weather soon - kerblast, so these boots would be great. Over the knee boots are kind of my new guilty pleasure. While the ones with heels look great, I worry I would look like a fat Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. I'll start with a low heel for now; if I can find an affordable pair!

And of course, this hat. I have one in beigey browns but the black would be perfect!


And so that is my Winter accessory wish list. Hopefully I will start to feel human soon again. I am still without a bank card. I was supposed to go to the bank yesterday but I couldn't so now I have to figure out when I will actually have any time in the next couple of weeks. Gah! At least I have a credit card. Ka-ching. Happy Friday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge