Friday Wrap-Up and Day 5

Oh thank you, it is Friday! Last night I went out for a great dinner and cocktails at this new place called Santos in the fourth district. I was beyond pleasantly surprised! I am hooked! I had 3 different cocktails - margarita, ginger mojito and a rosemary infused drink - my word, I do declare! I ordered the supreme fajitas which came with a herbed sour cream, guacamole and spicy pico de gallo - the beef was tender and well, I am in love. Go, go forth to Santos!

I was planning to hit the gym this morning but I didn't fall asleep until 11 and I just could't face 5 a.m. today. I got up at 7 and was troll-like. I am usually up for a couple of hours by the time the Kid wakes up so I am cheery and happy but not this morning. Definitely not this morning. I was not looking forward to another 90 minutes of pushing the Kid to finally detach from my hip. But, to my surprise when we arrived, they suggested I leave for 45 minutes to see how the Kid would adjust. So I said good bye and ran out and I could hear the Kid screaming "MOMMMYYY!"

They told me they would call if he was inconsolable. So, with cell phone grasped in my hand, I headed to a cafe around the corner and ordered an espresso. After 20 minutes I was antsy and decided to just walk around in circles for the extra 25 minutes, still with my phone grasped in my hand. Now, don't misunderstand me here. I wasn't worried about the Kid crying (it is heart breaking but this isn't his first roadshow) but rather, more concerned that he would cut the phone lines and start implementing Stockholm Syndrome. After the 45 minutes, I headed back in and found him being held. He cried the entire time but I was relieved to see that they weren't frazzled and in fact, the woman was quite happy with his reaction. Achso? So I have a feeling that we are now onto the next level. On Monday we will extend it by an hour and by 2017 he should be fully integrated. Siiiiiigh.
Hi Tova? This is the daycare calling. Your son ....OH GOD NO!
So anyway, I am super pleased that this week is almost over. I will be heading to work in about an hour and then it is the WEEKEND! And, as always, here is my Friday wrap-up

Gym visits: 5
6 km walks: 1
Heart attacks on public transportation while with the Kid: too many to count
Coffee cups consumed: a bazillion
Pounds lost: 0 (but I am just super happy I did not gain)
Mornings without make up on: 6
Afternoons with make up on: 5
Yoga sessions: 2
Average blog views per day: 125-145 (THANK YOU!)
Yoga pants ordered: 1
Smoothies consumed: 7
Awesome Mexican dinners attended: 1
Books received as a gift: 1
Times that I was grateful that Montessori is awesome: too many to count
Number of times I snarked at the Husband: a lot a lot a lot


And so, it is time for me to put on my spackle and get changed for work. I am mucho appreciative of all of your kind words and positive thoughts! I cannot wait for February when all I have to worry about is squeezing into a costume or painting Mardi Gras decorations! Huzzah! Friday!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge