These Are a Few of My Favourite Things... Currently

I haven't had much time to relax these past few weeks. But relaxing is not something I usually do. On Sunday after consuming my weight in pizza, I laid down on one of the sofas in the living room and the Husband asked me if I was sick because it has been a long long time since I have done that. I feel like I constantly have to be on the move because once I stop, I will be unable to start again. Like a shark... wearing a Michael Kors purse.

But even though I am a bit like a tornado, I try and make sure that I treat myself and/or take some downtime... while working on a formula for cold fusion. Ha ha. I can't do math. So here is a list of my current favourite things.

Archer: O.K. A friend told me about this show a little while ago. She then admitted she had a crush on the main character named Sterling Archer. There's a problem with this because...well... he's a cartoon. Our conversation went like this (italics are my inside voice):
Friend: He's hot!
Me: But he's a cartoon!! How can you have a crush on a cartoon?!?! Oh God. I had the biggest crush on Justin the Rat from the Secret of Nimh.
Friend: I know but there's just something about him!
Me: You are so weird! Justin, wow, you were awesome. I always wished you would have gotten together with Mrs. Brisby. She was a single mom and pretty attractive. But I yearned for you, Justin.
Friend: I know I am weird but I can't help it!
Me: You need help! I wonder if Justin would have ever been attracted to me. I mean, sure, he's a cartoon rat and I am human but we could have made it work....

Cough. So yes. I finally watched Archer and I am obsessed. It is a 1960's style espionage cartoon that is ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous and yet it makes me laugh out loud. And yes, Archer is hot.

The Great Gatsby: I am obsessed with this book and I always read it in the summer and I always write about it because it is one of my favourite books EVER. The imagery, the story, the time period, Gatsby's yearning for Daisy and the fact that he has a great house with prime real estate. Oh the green light at the end of the dock! THE GREEN LIGHT! Yes, this is my 10th time reading it and it never gets old. Old sport. Swoon.

Peanut Butter Oreo Cookies: They are amazing. Have asked Office Twin to hide them from me. Sidenote: Office Twin is back after a week and a half hiatus. I missed trolling him. This morning I mimed the ending of the Game of Thrones season finale that he hasn't watched yet. I don't even watch that show but I like to read the recaps so that I can mess with him. Welcome back, Office Twin!

People I know: Oh man, you guys are the best! Thank you to everybody who has already bought raffle tickets! So exciting! I am still selling them until Friday if you cannot make the event but you can still purchase them on Sunday! I cannot believe the generosity and I am so touched and it feels amazing to know so many great and selfless people. You all rock!

Der Fuchs und Die Trauben: Heading there tonight to pick up a voucher they have generously donated for the fundraiser. I feel kind of bad for teasing the chef 20 years ago on the school bus. Who knew I would be a slave to his cooking so many years later? How the tables have turned. I love it whenever I get a chance to go and eat their gyoza. I CANNOT WAIT!


Have an awesome Wednesday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge