Coming Down, Man

I cannot believe how much money was raised!!! 1,500 euros is a lot of money and I cannot believe how incredibly generous everybody has been! I was so touched to see so many friends show up yesterday and I wish I had more hours in the day to spend more time with all of you. The location Adria Wien was absolutely perfect; the service was amazing and the glass house is awesome! Yesterday before the event, I was a nervous wreck. I love organizing events and get togethers and parties but when it comes to the actual day, I get a little stressed. At our second wedding, I couldn't even look up during the vows; so embarrassed was I. While I am an extrovert and am loud and pushy and obnoxious and will demand attention (I'm not above yelling "PAY ATTENTION TO ME!" at the Husband) I actually don't like being the center of attention. Does that make sense? No? Anyway.

Public speaking does not freak me out if I am prepared and talking about something I am an expert in; pizza. But yesterday, the raffle draw freaked me out! I'm a people pleaser so I felt terrible when someone didn't win something. Next year I'm not drawing the numbers, y'all made me nervous!

A friend came back from the event with me last night so that we could order pizza and count the monies. And I was so hopped up on adrenaline that I had to take a walk after. I wish my Fitbit still worked because I am probably hitting 15K daily with all this extra nervous energy. So now it is early morning and I should be sleeping because I went to bed around 11 last night. But no, I have been up since 3:45 because my brain won't turn off. I'm a little worried that I will crash and burn a little now that this event is over. The past two months have been surreal and I have accomplished a lot: Frauenlauf, Eurovision, Fundraiser. So what am I going to do with all this extra energy and time?

I'm not sure but I should probably use the extra time to keep working on my book, maybe try out a few new recipes, bang my head repeatedly against a wall in boredom. Sigh. The good news is that this week I do have some plans: there is an AIS reunion (not my class) and a friend will be in town. And on Wednesday I am going to a BBQ and next Sunday I am heading to the Volksoper so yes, there are things to look forward to. Also, I will have more time to spend with the Kid which is the best part! But yes, I feel like I am about to enter an existential crisis which is so obnoxious of me to even say. Maybe I constantly surround myself with people so that I don't have to actually face the real world. Maybe this is a deep post that I should not be writing at 5 in the morning. And I should really take this time to slow down and get some rest. After my morning walk of course.

I just want to say one more time, thank you so so much!! I am truly truly truly blessed to know so many amazing people! Congratulations to the winners and there are still some prizes that need to be claimed. I will post the winning tickets later this morning on Facebook so take a look when you can. Thank you for all of your donations and prize contributions and for paying attention to me. You all are the best! THANK YOU!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge