Fun Fun Weekend

It is Monday again and it is hard to wake up. There is still a chill in the air which makes it feel Fall-like which I usually love but, you know, in September. It was another crazy weekend! The last few weeks have been wild so I am looking forward to slowing down... kind of. This week will not be as wild as weeks past: no balls, no parties, no operas, no clubs. All that is on the schedule this week is a bbq editorial meeting on Wednesday and something intellectual called Parallax on Thursday at MQ which will most likely be over my head and I will be thinking to myself  "Do potatoes bounce?" and then followed by a visit to the Freihausviertel fest afterwards. On Friday my parents are coming for the weekend which will be great! They are moving back to Canada so we won't see them for a long time. Sad.

Re: this past weekend: Friday after work, I met a friend for a quick drink and then headed home to make dinner and get the Kid ready for bed. At 9 I headed to the Lutz bar for some drinks with the Class of  95. Around 10 the downstairs opened and we entered the dark nightclub and helped ourselves to cocktails. I haven't been to a nightclub in years and I kept thinking I should have brought hand sanitizer. I talked to some peeps and then the smoke machine turned on and the dance floor started and that was my cue to head home. I said good bye to some lovely people and headed out into the balmy night, happy to have had an awesome few days.

Saturday morning I woke up surprisingly refreshed and got the Kid ready for a walk with a friend. I strapped him into his stroller and off we went. We stopped at Anker for a chocolate croissant and walked and talked and the Kid was happy as a clam watching the world go by. We stopped at the park so that the Kid could run around and then it was time to head home. I spent the rest of the morning cleaning and doing laundry and doing therapy with the Kid. In the afternoon I decided I needed Dim Sum so I decided to head to the Lily Markt adjacent to the Naschmarkt. Waiting at the light at Wiedner Haupstrasse, I suddenly noticed a couple of motorcycle police waiting at the intersection. Then came the Hells Angels. So many of them. They turned onto Wiedner Hauptstrasse and I would guess there were about 1,000 of them. A hearse followed and then two pick up trucks filled with flowers. It was a pretty surreal thing to see in the middle of Vienna. One friend on Facebook commented that it was like Sons of Anarchy and I responded with something like "If Sons of Anarchy had a chubby Jew in a romper standing in front of a Baroque building rolling her eyes because she just wants to get her damn frozen Dim Sum."... Cough. In the evening we had Dim Sum and then I headed to bed around 9 and dreamt the dream of bbq pork buns.

Sunday morning I took a walk and got the apartment ready for a friend to stop by. Unfortunately her son was sick so we made the joint mom decision that I would head over to her place instead. We had some falafel and hummus and chatted and then I went back home to take the Kid on another neighbourhood walk. I love this bonding time so these walks with him will definitely be a permanent fixture. Once we were back home I put on my make up and dress and heels and it was time for me to head to the Volksoper. A friend has a super awesome contact at the Volksoper so she had great seats. We stopped for some pizza (Office Twin is disappointed in me today) and then made our way to see Graefin Mariza. I have not been to the Volksoper since the 90's so it was definitely nostalgic being back. We took our seats (our awesome awesome seats) and the show began. It was a light hearted operetta and I really enjoyed it! Stay tuned for a summary of the show.

All in all it was a nice weekend but far too short. I wish you the best Monday possible! Maybe start drinking now?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge