It is Hawt Out

Hope you guys are all staying cool. It is expected to get to 33 today and the fact that we have a corner apartment that gets sun ALL.DAY.LONG -  we already be schwitzing. We have the fans out and they are doing their job; making sure I sit directly in front of it. I am even avoiding cleaning the windows because I feel like the grime stops some of the heat.

Yesterday was a chill day. The Kid was not in fine form, however. Sometimes I think he wakes up and decides to play a character. Yesterday he chose McEnroe. We decided to head out and the Husband brought the Kid's hat. I looked at the hat and said "no". It was a present from my father in law from Cuba and it has Che Guevara's iconic picture on it. Since we were passing the Cuban fest down the street, I wanted to avoid any political misstep. I say this like I am super culturally sensitive and well-versed in history. Heh. When we walked by sans hat, I noticed they were selling dozens of Che t-shirts. Well, look at that. I really really wanted to grab a drink there but it was too hot to stand in the sun. Next year! Next year! We headed to the gas station on Margareten. I was on a mission to buy ice. Buying ice in Vienna is like finding good Dim Sum in Vienna, almost impossible. After buying the magical ice, we headed home and I started on the pizza dough. It didn't work out exactly how I expected it to but it was still awesome because... pizza.

Last night, I decided to make a new cocktail. I had the name but I didn't have the recipe. So I winged it and came up with the Conchita Thirst: violet syrup, sparkling lemonade, blueberries and champagne. It was awesome and not super strong which is good... for me. My friend came over around 6 and the Kid kvetched because he was hot and tired. I cooked the pizza, we switched to wine and then at 7:30 the Kid promptly passed out on the sofa. Champions league champion something was on so the Husband headed to the bedroom to watch it and my friend and I chatted. By 9:30 we were losing our steam. She headed home and I was ready for bed. But instead of being able to lie down and sleep, my brain turned on full force and I was restless. I put on my flip flops and headed out into the night. It was still hot out and the bars were packed and it was just so calming to walk through the district with no destination planned. I feel like I am at a bit of a crossroads in my life and I think that is why I have to get outside as much as possible.

I walked for about an hour and then headed home for bed, where I promptly passed out and slept through until 7:30 which is a crazy lie in for me. We are heading to MQ shortly for some cocktails at Aloha bar and then in the afternoon we will clean up and prep for the crazy week ahead. The forecast shows there might be a storm later which would be AMAZING! Another check on my summer bucket list; watch a summer storm. I wish you an awesome Sunday, y'all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge