Friday Wrap Up

This week FLEW BY! And it was super busy. I know that I ate a lot of meat on Monday night, Tuesday I had a quiet night at home, Wednesday I worked a long day and then went to an art show, Thursday was at home and now we are at Friday. It is going to be a hot and sunny weekend and I cannot wait!

After work today I am heading to the Adria to discuss the fundraiser. Then I will stop at the Esterhazy street festival for a little bit. Then a quick drink with a friend who brought me back something from Canada because he is so sweet (squeal!!) and then home for a relaxing evening.

In other news: last night I acted like a brat. It all started like this:

The Husband: Dear, my mother found a place that maybe we could go to for a holiday.
Me: [Silence]
The Husband: Just the three of us!
Me: Ooooo.kaaaay?
The Husband: It's not far from Vienna. And they provide childcare.
Me: Mmmhmm.
The Husband: It's a farm.
Me: WHAT?!

And then it went downhill from there. Now a weekend at a farm: no problem. A week on a farm? Kill me. Now, don't get all judgey and up in my grill about this. I like nature. I like animals. I just don't want to live with animals... for a week... I'm a city girl. I can also do villages. Preferably villages with a pizzeria and a place that sells wine. Maybe on the water.

So I just found out about a place on Lake Como and I am still waiting for details about the place. But it sounds absolutely perfect. I excitedly wrote the Husband all the details and I have been humming every Italian song I know (the national anthem because, Ferrari). I am picturing myself in a sundress and sunhat and pulling into a beautiful Italian town yelling "Eh! Buongiorno! Come Stai?", the Kid running around and eating gelato. Bliss.

The Husband just wrote back and is not on board with this trip so I am in a snit and being a brat again. I suggested we take an overnight train ride to Milan and then rent a car, but he doesn't like driving in Italy. I understand but I am pouting. It has been over two years since we have had a family holiday and I am desperate to go somewhere beautiful. I am totally having a pity party for myself. Y'all can come... especially if you can convince the Husband that this would be a great holiday. Not the farm holiday... the Como holiday.

So stay tuned for what happens next. Brace yourselves....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge