Dis and Dat

Just a few more days until the fundraiser! I am so excited and of course nervous. We have already raised 250 euros which is incredible!! On Sunday, you can purchase your raffle tickets at the door or if you can't make it, let me know and we can arrange a drop off. On Monday I went to the Dachverband Autistenhilfe on my lunch break. I was a little nervous because when I wrote them the other week about the fundraiser, they seemed a little suspicious and I was about to bring out the snark and be like "So apparently giving you money is a problem?" but I didn't and I am glad I didn't because I am very aware that tone is completely off in the written word. So I showed up and chatted with a very lovely woman and picked up some literature for the fundraiser and found out that there is an online petition that people can sign (details coming soon). This petition is about making it possible for the WGKK (health insurance) to cover therapy for autism. Austria has amazing health care and as a Canadian, I believe that health care is a basic human right and I will happily pay towards a universal and fair system. I would really really like it if eventually autism would be recognized in this country and ergo expensive therapy be subsidized. But baby steps.

After picking up the info with the promise of taking pictures of the event (can y'all take some pictures and then photoshop me thin? Thank you) I headed back to work for the afternoon. After work I quickly went to Butlers and picked up a couple of decorations and then I headed to a publishing house to meet a friend.

Of course I was obnoxiously early. And obnoxiously sweaty because you would think I would finally learn that 1. Stock actually means the 4th floor in normal buildings. But no, I'm an idiot. I showed up and walked into the office and my pulse went a million miles an hour. I love books. I love to write. I felt like Carrie Bradshaw walking into the Vogue closet. Let me just say here that I was not walking into a publishing firm because of my writing... then I would have passed out before even walking in. No, I was meeting a friend who has generously donated a stack of beautiful books for the fundraiser. I waited for a couple of minutes at the conference table and tried not to sweat allover the leather chairs. Just the smell of books was enough to make me giddy. Friend showed up and proceeded to give me book after book and I wanted to cry in happiness. I was even a little nervous. Task completed, we headed out and I kept saying "Thank you thank you thank you" and we headed to a bar called Edison on the corner.

We ordered Aperol Spritzers and talked and then a friend who had introduced us a couple of weeks ago showed up and it was a great time and I learned a couple of fascinating facts that I would like to share with you tonight because they are fascinating:

1) WWF chose the panda as their logo because colour print was just too expensive. So what is black and white besides a zebra? A panda. AMAZING!

2) You can't have more than two pikes in a lake. They fight. What? AMAZING!

I love learning random things. I feel like it ups my game at dinner parties... "Did you know?..." Anyway, after three Aperol spritzers I had to run over to my friends' place for dinner. I had amazing pasta... seriously incredible. I am never cooked for so it is a real treat when this happens. And we drank wine and talked and it was a really great evening. I headed home around 10 and then passed out, dreaming of pasta and pandas.

Today my interview with David Pershall the opera singer came out on Vienna Würstelstand. So happy it did because David and his wife are awesome: they gave me wine and pasta last night so there is a special place in my heart for them. I also finished up a couple more things for the fundraiser and tomorrow night I will head to Der Fuchs und Die Trauben to pick up another prize. I feel so incredibly lucky to have such amazing people in my life who want to help out and I will be forever grateful. No woman is an island.

And soon I will head to bed. I am re-reading the Great Gatsby which is one of my favourite books ever. I have read it so may times yet it keeps getting better. Oh Gatsby, you have my heart. So I wish you all a fantastic Tuesday and stay tuned for more dis and dat and fundraising stuff and ball preparation and wow, my life is pretty fabulous right now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge