Another Awesome Vienna Night!

I am totally calling this my Gatsby Summer. It isn't even July yet and I feel like I am already having an over-the-top hedonistic summer... and it is AMAZING! I have already written about the great nights I have had the past few weeks and last night was no exception. I met up with some lovely ladies from my alma mater; AIS. One of the woman is someone I have been hanging out with for the past year and a half and the other two were new friends. Actually, one has been a Facebook friend for the past year and she has been an incredible support to me and I know I said it last night while I was half cut, but I will say it again "Thank you." I like how we both remarked that we were exactly online as in real life... which might not be a good thing in my case. #iamhyperactive.

We met at 4 at Schottentor and stopped at Wein and Co. for some wine. I am a slave to Rose on Tuesdays. It's a weird thing, I know. We had a couple of drinks and then headed to ye old faithful Der Fuchs in Die Trauben. Friend used Uber which was absolutely new to me. I like the idea of a driver. And yes, I am a brat. We had another incredible meal and some more drinks and then we decided to head to Cafe Englaender which is slowly becoming my favourite place in Vienna to people watch. I went for the first time a few months back and it just has this amazing vibe. I can't put my finger on it but I can put my finger up to order drinks. Heh.

One friend headed home and the remaining three of us talked about Vienna and New York and I heard some fascinating stories and it was just all around fantastic; filled with laughter. I feel that I have been meeting some incredible and lovely and kind people the last few months and it is amazing! I don't know what has happened but something was dormant inside of me and now it is awakening and I have this new leash on life and this incredible energy and I just feel tingly..and maybe I should lie down. I know that a lot of it has to do with the strides that the Kid is making. A lot has to do with all the amazing experiences I am having and oddly enough I have this strange feeling that something amazing is just around the corner! A new career? Weight loss? Fabulous new shoes? Who knows!!

Today will be a quiet night at home, hanging out with the Kid and making dinner. Tomorrow is a reunion night at Lukas and that should be fun. It will be interesting to see familiar faces from my teenage years even though they will have no clue who I am. The majority are 4 years ahead of me and as I already said, back in school, that was a huge age gap. I know that I have changed since school save for a couple of things; I'm still funny and I am still short and I am still wildly passionate about things. But now I have more confidence in myself (on the inside) and I am not as sensitive.. kind of. My life in Vienna as a teenager wasn't great but my life here as an adult is incredible.

So that's it for now! I will let you know if something amazing happens soon. I'm curious to see if my gut feeling is right or if it just the glasses of rose from last night making me giddy. Or if my gut is eating itself because Office Twin is monitoring my eating habits... Day 3 of captivity. Happy Wednesday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge