Happy Friday!

Oh wow! My socialite weekend is about to begin! A ball tonight and a fundraiser on Sunday... living the dream! I will be wiped by the end of all of this and that is just a-ok! Yesterday I had to stay home - the Kid has not been sleeping well at.all. He has had some digestive issues and I think it is affecting his sleep. And also, he might just like to screw with us. Funny enough, a friend just wrote an article for the New York Post about a new book about diet and autism and how it can be interlinked. I have been toying with the idea of going dairy and gluten-free in our house for a while now and I guess it doesn't hurt to try. I guess that is my next project! Stay tuned to see whether the Kid declares mutiny, while placing my head on a pike as a warning to all other mothers who threaten to throw out their child's bagel chips.

In other news, the fundraiser is WILD! I cannot believe all of the donations of prizes I have received and how people have been buying tickets even though they cannot come on the day. AMAZING! I have some wrapping still to do, I need to cut out 70 plus drink ticket thingies, write notes for a speech, sell a few more raffle tickets and try not to hyperventilate. So excited and yet so nervous!!


The Ball. Tonight is the Concordia Ball which is the journalism ball which of course I am going to because 2 weeks spent tweeting about Euro-pop does me a serious journalist make. Heh. Please note the sarcasm. I am as much a journalist as Kim Kardashian is a poet laureate. I am so excited to see what the Rathaus looks like all done up for a ball. I also am curious how a summer ball is different from a winter ball and I wonder if I will be able to watch the sunrise tomorrow morning - half cut and in a ball gown. Classy.

This morning we have an appointment with the Kid's therapist. We have had 11 sessions of ABA therapy and we have to discuss the next steps. We are definitely continuing with the therapy because we have seen him make such great strides. Looking forward to the meeting because unlike other meetings, I think this one will be positive.

It is going to be a hectic day; after the meeting I am meeting an old friend and her bebe for some coffee, then I am meeting someone to sell tickets to and then running to the next location to sell even more tickets and then having  lunch and then meeting one more person after that. I will head home and start to get ready for a ball and a friend will come by and we will get ready together. Then it is off to a French restaurant and then the ball and right now my life is pretty damn fabulous!!!! Happy Friday!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge