So Yesterday was Heart Breaking

I was in an incredibly good mood yesterday, ready to take on the world and then POW! POW! POW! POW! Another situation! Of course! The Husband had written me yesterday that he had talked to the director of the kindergarten and that she was very happy with the Kid's progress and pleased we were doing all the things we were doing for him (obviously does not know about the cake he eats all.the.time). That made my day and I walked around all smug like. I didn't wonder why the Husband had talked to the director because she is usually pretty accessible and friendly so it seemed normal that he would have ended up chatting with her in the morning.

I got home just before 6 and hugged my little man and started on dinner. I was looking forward to a chill night of wine in a skull hand glass, fuzzy slippers and satin pj's (popped collar... of course). The Husband came home and then my awesome night fizzled like Jewel's comeback back in 2003 with that terrible Intuition song. Boom! On fire today!

He told me that when he was home in the morning (man flu) he looked out the window (which overlooks the kindergarten) and saw that another boy had purposely rammed his bike into the Kid's bike and then started pulling and pushing him and trying to pull his jacket over his head. The Kid finally escaped and took off. The Husband went directly to the school to report it. When he told me this last night, my heart broke into a million pieces. The Kid can't talk so hasn't been able to tell us. He is also the loveliest, happiest little boy who purposely avoids other kids. I am now wondering how long this bullying has been going on for and if this is what caused his recent fits. If so...


I am literally sick to my stomach that this has happened. I trust the kindergarten to step up their vigilance because if not... ever seen a harpy? You will soon. I don't have anger towards the other boy (well, not that much anger) but I need to know what the deal is. And then I will stand outside his window in a clown suit... I jest I jest... Thank you everybody for your awesome messages and comments. I like that some of you considered a convoy of mafia-like infiltration. Someone else suggested sending the Kid's therapy bills to the parents. I am proud of all my friends today!

It's amazing how we turn into angry angry bears when our kids are hurt. We go from rational parents to "WANNA DANCE WITH THE BEAST, BOY?!?!" in 1 second. Gah. Have kids they said, it will be fun they said. Stay tuned for what happens next. And I would like to take this moment to ask the universe to give me a little break. The good news is that we are meeting the psychology student on Saturday so I will feel like we are doing more. His language is regressing again which could be due to the bullying as well. Actually, maybe I should send the therapy bills to the parents because

This afternoon I have a House of Canada business meeting at Cafe Hawelka with my lovely friend. We have a lot to do for the upcoming Feschmarkt and please check out the site for the awesome awesome stuff http://thehouseofcanada.com/.  The onesies are my favourite! You can also check out the stuff in person - just drop us a message via e-mail or pm and mention that you are coming by.

So that is it for now. The Kid is going to be smothered this weekend because you can't spell smother without mother. My poor little boy... Mommy will get to the bottom of this.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge