Halloween Decorating, Chillaxing and 100,000 Blog Views

It was so exciting for me to see that this blog has reached 100,000 views! It took 3 years but wow, I am amazed! This blog has been my online journal, my place to vent and brag and talk about my bad life choices. The outpouring of love and support has been incredible! So thank you!! I am taking this as a sign to keep on blogging even though there are times I wonder if I should stop. I also am wondering why my stats show a big spike in readership in the Ukraine. Am I funny in the Ukraine?

Anyway, it is a foggy Sunday morning and I just got back from a great walk with one of my dearest friends. We took a break from the weekend walks over the summer when she went to Canada for a few weeks but I am happy that we are getting back into it. It's a 2-3 hour walk that allows us to catch up, kvetch and solve the world's problems. The walk this morning also allowed me to cross off another Popsugar Fall Bucket List. If you remember, back in September, I started my own Fall Bucket List. Here is the original. If the picture is too small, here is the link: http://www.popsugar.com/love/Things-Love-About-Fall-31386847

Already I have had a Spiced Pumpkin Latte:


And "tailgated":


And today I fulfilled: TAKE A FOGGY MORNING WALK


And here some more pictures because Vienna is gorgeous:
Burggarten

Ducks saying "Duck you"

Hofburg in the back

Besides being all hopped up on Fall feelings of happiness, I also got a lot of Halloween decorating done! I am so grateful for our friends who live around the corner and generously let me store my decorations in their basement! On Friday I picked up the key and got started. On my first trip back, the Husband opened the door and saw me and exclaimed "HOW DID YOU CARRY ALL THAT STUFF?!?!?" as I struggled through the with 4 big Ikea bags. I have super human strength when it comes to Halloween, guys. I could lift a truck if it meant getting a free skeleton or pumpkin. The Kid was also excited about the decorating. He was especially excited about his old buddy; the plastic crow. I also bought a couple of fake hands which he spent the afternoon carrying around. He also tried to bite them a few times... a) he's obviously not a vegan and b) I said "Don't bite the hand that feeds you" and nobody cracked a smile. Tough crowd. Here are a couple of pictures of the living room. It will look different with the proper lighting but for now I am super psyched and the Husband doesn't feel like throwing himself off a bridge.

You see, in our old apartment, I would tape scene setters to all the walls in the apartment. And may I just say that masking tape sucks big time in this country! How was I supposed to know that the paint would lift off? And did that stop me from doing it every year? No, not at all. When we moved into our new place, the Husband immediately said "No taping ANYTHING on the walls!!" to which I wanted to yell "WHY CAN'T YOU LET ME BE ME?!?!" but I followed the rules so the place is more Martha and less crack den.








I still have to work on the hallway and the kitchen. And over the next 3 weeks, I will be adding more things but for now, I am pretty much done. Which is a relief. Now where is that fog machine? Today I plan to do some laundry and cleaning and work on a couple of articles. The Kid had a fever yesterday but is back to his old self today so we will probably take a walk in the afternoon. And then I have a Skype date with an old classmate from Moscow and then I plan to put on a facemask (courtesy of Debra (she made me this mask using this recipe: http://www.thetwistedhorn.com/2014/01/diy-glamglow-face-mask.html  but added her own twist and I am OBSESSED with it)). I wish you all a fantastic Sunday!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge