A Business Meeting, An Italian Dinner, A Nightcap and a Doctor's Visit

Sup sup Wednesday? It is a rainy rainy morning and I got my awesome rain boots on. They are Joules and olive green with pink stripes on the back. Lurve them. Feel very English countryside lady of the manor in them. My British friends make fun of me when I wear them inside. I love them and I am not taking them off. At least not until I am back at home and have the time to grunt and scream in frustration trying to peel them off. Cough. In other news, my review about the Dry Bar is up on Vienna Wuerstelstand. It has been re-worked a little but I think I got my message across. IT IS A GREAT PLACE and I can't wait to go back and get bouncy hair again.


And moving on..Yesterday I had a conversation with a friend. We both speak German but we definitely struggle when it is spontaneous or emotionally charged. We were discussing getting letters from the kindergarten and other interactions. We both said that we feel like we are at disadvantage in this situations because we are unable to speak fluently like we would in English. We go from confident women to sounding like 1st graders. An example was when I received a letter from the old kindergarten diagnosing my child with Apergers. This was from a student who watched the Kid for like an hour. I was livid and enraged and shaking and heartbroken and the next day the only thing I could say was "That.. that..was not right! That was mean. I cried." Yeah, like a toddler talking to the Congress about human rights issues "Torture, bad. Bad bad bad.". This is not good. We wondered what the word "unacceptable" is in German for the rest of our talk. Of course in the evening she texted me several variations and now they are locked and stored in my brain for the next time something craptastic happens.


After work yesterday, I headed to the first district to meet a friend for a business meeting about The House of Canada at the awesome Cafe Hawelka. Of course the grandson was not there because he probably reads this blog and thinks I am going to go all Glenn Close on him. I won't, buddy... I promise... Just ignore those texts. Wrong person. Cough.

We had a great meeting and I am very much looking forward to the upcoming projects. I also got the Kid a Mountie onesie and I cannot wait to see him in it tonight! It is ADORABLE! Totally buying myself an adult one and then all will be perfect in the world.

After a great meeting, I jumped on the U3 and headed to Al Sagaro to meet friends. Two lovely ladies I used to work with live nearby the restaurant. I was really really pleasantly surprised. The service was amazing; authentically Italian, there was some teasing and molto hand gestures. The funny coincidence is that a friend of mine is friends with two of the guys there and OMG Vienna is a small world!! My pizza was awesome, my wine was great, the company was splendid and then I decided to head to Englender for nightcap. I texted a friend asking if he wanted to join and we had a glass of wine and I realized for the bazillionenth time that Vienna is TINY. Here's a tip. Don't be an asshole because that reputation will spread; just like the rumours about my jaw dropping beauty and witty banter. Heh. I'm in a funk and I feel like I need to be nice to myself by acting delusional. Humour me.


After a great evening out, I was home by 10:30 and I was ready for a little reading and then sleeping. But first, because I make bad life choices, I decided to try out the ear spray I had bought earlier. I don't know why I bought this stuff. My ear are ok. Not much happening inside... but I have this weird obsession with the idea that maybe I have bad hearing because of build up. This is a totally gross paragraph. Anyway, I read the instructions and then blasted each ear and I heard a lot of crackling. Like the guys from Rice Krispies were having a rage. And I don't know if that is a good thing. Nothing really happened once my hearing returned. There was no mass exodus of what the Austrians like to call "Ohr schmalz". Sorry guys, so gross. So I have no idea what that means. Stay tuned to find out if I discover any long-term damage from blasting my ear canals. How fun!

And that now brings us to this morning. We had an appointment with an ear, nose and throat doctor for the Kid. We visited this doctor last year and as the Kid went into his Gator-style death spiral, the very nice doctor assured us that he was not the most difficult patient he had had. We decided to accept that challenge and come back a year later. I think it is pretty safe to say that the Kid really outdid himself this time. Hats off. I mentioned on Facebook that I had a feeling this appointment would be probably like giving a Well Woman exam to a Raptor. I was wrong... this was like giving a Well Woman exam to a Raptor and then throwing in a bikini wax. Luckily Dr. Kuersten (I will post his site in a minute), is incredibly patient and kind and I am so so grateful for that. Being a parent to a kid with special needs means that appointments with professionals ARE A NIGHTMARE. But a little kindness goes a very very very long way. So thank you Doc! I will be making an appointment for myself shortly. I promise that I will be definitely better behaved than the Kid.. maybe.. depends on the day. Here is a link to his practice http://www.kuersten.at/. His receptionist is also incredibly friendly and understanding. Another bonus is that his office overlooks the motherloving OPERA. AMAZING!
My mind totally goes to this film now when I see the Opera roof. And I totally want to wear that dress for the Science Ball.
So I now must leave you all for the day. I hope you have a fabulous Wednesday and I also hope to regain more of my hearing soon! Buh bye.

Comments


  1. Do you need Personal Loan?
    Business Cash Loan?
    Unsecured Loan
    Fast and Simple Loan?
    Quick Application Process?
    Approvals within 24-72 Hours?
    No Hidden Fees Loan?
    Funding in less than 1 Week?
    Get unsecured working capital?
    Contact Us At :oceancashcapital@gmail.com
    Phone number :+16474864724 (Whatsapp Only)

    LOAN SERVICES AVAILABLE INCLUDE:
    ================================
    *Commercial Loans.
    *Personal Loans.
    *Business Loans.
    *Investments Loans.
    *Development Loans.
    *Acquisition Loans .
    *Construction loans.
    *Credit Card Clearance Loan
    *Debt Consolidation Loan
    *Business Loans And many More:

    LOAN APPLICATION FORM:
    =================
    Full Name:................
    Loan Amount Needed:.
    Purpose of loan:.......
    Loan Duration:..
    Gender:.............
    Marital status:....
    Location:..........
    Home Address:..
    City:............
    Country:......
    Phone:..........
    Mobile / Cell:....
    Occupation:......
    Monthly Income:....

    Contact Us At oceancashcapital@gmail.com
    Phone number :+16474864724 (Whatsapp Only)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge