Dis and Dat

Happy Tuesday everybody! The Kid woke me up at 4:45 this morning so Mommy is a little tired this morning. But I keep looking at the video I made of him in his new skeleton slippers and am grateful that he is so gosh darn adorable. I am also super excited that he loved the skeleton slippers because that is my child. He literally bounced around for 30 minutes and it was awesome to see. A big milestone in my opinion. Yesterday was Canadian Thanksgiving and I spent it at work, feeling sorry for myself.. until I left work and stepped into the beautiful Fall sunshine and made my way to Mariahilferstrasse where I stepped into an H&M and immediately discovered the same skeleton pyjamas the Kid fell in love with last year in a bigger size and I did a little happy dance. And then I discovered a hoodie and sweat pant combo that was also a skeleton and it was like the Universe was like "Cheer up, we got you covered!"

After my successful shopping trip (I also spied a turban winter hat in a shop window and I am coming back for that bad boy!!!), I met my friend at Cafe Gitarre for a Thanksgiving glass of wine. We had an hour to catch up on a week's worth of stuff and didn't even scratch the surface so she is coming over for dinner on Saturday so we can cover everything. After our catch up relay, I ran home and started dinner. It was FREEZER NIGHT! Freezer Night is a once a month event where we eat whatever is in the freezer that should probably not be in the freezer for very much longer. I make it sound like this is some well-organized evening meal but it was more that I couldn't be assed to a) follow my diet plan and b) do some grocery shopping. Last night's meal consisted of lumpias that our Nanny had made us a while back (amazing!), two tortillas which were turned into quesadillas and cauliflower/cheese patties the Husband had bought a few weeks back (not buying those again). Yay Freezer Night!

Before starting Freezer Night, I Skyped with the parental units who are now back in Canada. The Kid only made an appearance every 10 minutes or so but he was aware that they were online. He also gets a bit of a smug face when he knows I am saying good things about him. The common misconception is that the Kid is unable to understand us because he does not speak. Another misconception is that the Kid is mentally disabled or behind in his development. These are both not true. I still cannot get over his excitement over those slippers, though!

After dinner and Skyping, we put the Kid to bed and put on Modern Family. A friend has lent us seasons 1-4 which means we will be watching an episode or two a night for the next few weeks. I have watched most of season 1 and 2 and once tried to get the Husband to watch the pilot episode but he wasn't interested. Finally last night he agreed to watch it and I think he enjoyed the show. We got through 3 episodes and I probably drove him nuts with my guffawing. It makes me laugh out loud and that can be annoying for bystanders. And of course there was the Thanksgiving miracle of 2015. The Husband turned on the heat without me having to resort to my normal passive aggressive move which entails me wearing my flannel pyjamas, large ugly socks, mittens and winter hat to bed So it truly was a nice night... until 4:45. Granted I usually wake up at 5:15 but that extra 30 minutes are important. Losing those minutes takes me from a good almost 6.5 hour sleep to about 6 hours which is dangerously close to the edge for me. The edge being zombie angry.


So anyway, today after work I will head to Cafe Hawelka for a quick meeting and then to Landstrasse to meet some friends from my old job. I am looking forward to catching up and drinking wine and eating pizza (Bad, Tova, BAD!). I wish you all a great Tuesday!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge