Random Musings

It's a rainy Wednesday morning in the city. It's dark and depressing and kind of perfect. Of course I wore my rain boots. Huzzah! Last night I made curry and then sat on the sofa in a sort of post-spice coma. I'm tired. It was hard to fall asleep last night because my brain was in overload; there's been a lot of crap going on and to be honest, I'm getting through it. Present grateful Tova is much better than past uber stressed angry Tova. In the past, if all this crap was going on, I would have crawled into bed and said "Wake me up when unicorns start farting rainbows". But I can't do that. I's has got the responsibilities. Siiiigh. So this post is just random musings...

Sick kid: The Husband got a call from the daycare in the afternoon that the Kid had a 39 degree fever. The reason the Husband is the main contact for the daycare is a) language and b) he knows I'd give myself a stroke every time I would see their number on the display or, I would do the mature thing and hide the phone screaming "If I don't answer it, everything will be FIIIINNNE!!". He told the daycare that the Nanny was on her way anyway and she would be there in about 20 minutes. The woman on the phone (let's call her Rosie) asked if the Husband himself could come and the Husband said "it will take me at least 30 minutes to get there". To which she asked if he could get there in 10 minutes. Me thinks Rosie thinks we own a teletransporter-thingy. Me think Rosie needs to understand the laws of physics. When the Nanny did get there around 3, the kids were eating their afternoon snack and she was not allowed to take the Kid home until he finished eating. Facepalm. Head meet desk. When he got home finally, his temperature was only 37.6 degrees. GAAAAH! Ok, ok, I'm glad they call when he is sick. And he is under the weather. You can tell because when he coughs it sounds like he's been possessed by a homicidal seal. Last night we were awoken by his coughs every hour on the hour but not before we believed Sea World had relocated to our ghetto. Poor kiddo. He's in fine spirits this morning but we are keeping him home and he is missing photo day and I had a bow tie for him to wear and sob.
I wonder if the Austrian Government will subsidize this to appease disgruntled daycare providers who don't understand physics.

A New Way to Annoy the Husband: There are certain things I do that annoy the Husband. Sometimes it is annoyance due to the fact that he knows that I know better; like not climbing a ladder in stilettos, and yet, I still do it. Or he gets annoyed because I nail things into walls and leave a little pattern of tiny like holes (kind of like an ant-like war zone). Or he will get annoyed because I turn off the light when he's in the bathroom. He'll yell and I'll yell back "Think of the goddamn rainforest!". Because me admitting I made a mistake? Not going to happen. But I have realized another thing that drives him a little batty; me wearing just one sock. The other night I had an itchy foot. So I took off my sock, scratched that itch and then left the sock off because I was heading to bed in an hour and I will never ever ever wear socks to bed because my body temperature would melt my plastic bottles of hand moisturizer beside the bed. Feet always outside the duvet! Anyway, I walked around like that for an hour and the Husband started getting twitchy. "Why are you wearing just one sock?" he asked "My foot was itchy" I'd answer. Then about 5 minutes later he'd look at my feet and ask "Isn't that uncomfortable?" and I answered "Nope!" Ten minutes passed and then he suggested "Why don't you take the other sock off?" and I said "Don't feel like it." He kept staring at my feet and I thought it was hilarious. Until he gave my feet this look:
One sock? How about one foot...

So I quietly took the other sock off and went to bed. But, now I know his weakness. I have so much power. Muahahaha.. sigh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge