Happy Halloween!!!!

Yay! Halloween! One of the best days of the year! And I am super pumped because the Kid actually slept the whole night through which is a first in over a week so I actually got a good night's sleep! Hallelujah! Just another reason to celebrate! I walked into his room and yelled "Happy Halloween!" this morning and he yelled back "Di-di!" which is his way of telling me to change his damn diaper already.

Tonight I am going to a friend's place for dinner and that to me is the perfect end to Halloween. It is the weirdest thing (and my friend feels the same way) but when I woke up this morning, I suddenly had this incredible Halloween spirit. It was like a little light went off and all things spooky hit me. I am so happy that I can truly feel like I am in the Halloween mood. Sure, our party was Halloween-riffic but I was really missing the "mood". And now I have it!

The Nanny is off today so I will be picking up the Kid at daycare which is always awesome because he gets so super excited to see me. We will head home where I will attempt to put him in a costume. This is akin to getting a cat to wear a hat, nobody wins. Then the Husband will come home and then I will head to my friend's place.
Just licking the blood off. They shall never find the body.
In other news, the other day I watched Bram Stoker's Dracula while I made food for the party. I loved this film when I was younger. I think I watched it for the first time when I was 13. I thought Gary Oldman was the sexiest Transylvanian ever, ever, forever, ever. I literally cried at the end of the film every time I watched it and that Annie Lennox song, Love Song for a Vampire, epic. I ended up reading the actual book a few years after I watched the film and was like "Nuh uh, not the same." Sorry Mr. Stoker, this uneducated woman prefers a topless Oldman. The scenery was great and the costumes, amazing and Anthony Hopkins as Van Helsing, perfect. Let's just skip over Keanu Reeves and his accent. Don't get me wrong, the man is pretty, but acting, not so great. And yet...Man, I still love this film.
Totally, like, everyday of my marriage.

Kind of what I thought date nights would be.

I've been consuming so much Halloween candy and goodness this past week, and of course added to stress weight, I feel like a smoothie/clean eating cleanse is in order. Tomorrow is November 1 and I know a few days ago I was all "Rah! Rah! Clean eating now!" but it is hard to resist fun-sized Snickers, I tell you what. But as of tomorrow, better food to be consumed. Also, I think we've gotten the Kid back on a normal sleeping schedule so I think I will be able to hit the gym next week. Yay!

And so, I wish you all a very magical night of goblins and ghosts! Happy Halloween!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge