Halloween Party Menu

One more sleep and then it is party time! Today is a work holiday which is such a blessing because tomorrow is a public holiday and ergo, everything is closed in this town! So all food and drink and random stuff needs to be purchased today! It is going to be a busy busy day. The last couple of free days I have had off this month have been plagued with shitty things happening so I need today to be productive. I have a timed schedule that involves fake blood, laundry, cleaning, cooking and some more decorating. I haven't even touched the Kid's room yet but that will have to wait until he is en route to the Mother in Law's tomorrow morning.

Last night was chill. I had ordered a season from the show Most Haunted. Man, I loved this show. When the Husband and I were living in Toronto, we would go out on a Saturday night, drink beers at our favourite pubs and then around 12, head home. We would stop at the Pizza Pizza on Queen street and order a large cheese pizza with jalapeno cheddar dipping sauce and then head home. Most Haunted would be on and we would sit in bed, eat pizza and lose our minds. Such a fun time. After we got married, the Husband moved back to Vienna and I stayed another 3 months to get paperwork in order and pack up and I would attempt to watch Most Haunted but it scared me too much to watch alone.

So last night, I brought home the DVD and the Husband and I watched an episode. It was great to take a mini trip down memory lane and while we weren't blitzed or eating pizza, it was nice to have a flashback to a simpler time.

Anyway, I thought that I would write up the party menu. Since we're feeding over 25 people, the dishes need to be easy to prep and filling. They may not seem Halloweeny, ie. blood and guts, but that is on purpose. Gross looking food has never been my thing.

Halloween Menu:

Martha Stewart Mac and Cheese
Spinach Dip (always at every party)
Cheese Plate
Lasagne
Fajita stew with tortilla wraps
Thai curry meat balls
Mini pizzas
Salad
Couscous and chickpeas
Guacamole and chips
Cupcakes
Cookies (a friend is making pumpkin cookies that are amazing!)

Of course I will obsess that there isn't enough food which has never been the case but still, I stress... Can't wait to get this day started!!! Happy Friday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge