Halloween Decorating and a Gift from a Friend

Yesterday was a rough day. I just wanted to say thank you to everybody for your amazing support and kind words. It means the world to me.

I had the day off yesterday and I didn't get nearly enough done. The Husband told me to relax and said "you still have three weeks" to which I responded "Oh God! Only 3 weeks?!?!". I got a lot of decorating done during the weekend which I am happy about; a) I feel less stressed and b) the Kid isn't traumatized because the change has been gradual. On the weekend I didn't get to hang a lot of the new "paintings" because the Husband was around. When he saw me holding a hammer he looked suspicious and said "Why do you have a hammer?" to which I responded "I think the real question here is why don't you have a hammer?" Yeah, that went well.

To feel better, I watched Hocus Pocus and Beetlejuice while I got crap done. Those are some of my favorite Halloween films and they kind of helped. One thing I made was this lamp:




Yeah, awesome. The Husband asked if the stuff washes off. I said "yes".

Now here is a view of the sofa in the living room. Normally the sofa is dirty white. Dirty because I have a toddler. Usually for Halloween I just cover the sofa with worn white sheets but this year, in honor of Martha, I made the sofa Halloween-decadent. Check out those pillowcases.


And of course, these two doormats were created by my talented friend Debra. Check them out! The half moon one is now sitting proudly in front of our apartment door and the "The Witch is In" one found a perfect spot right in front of the stove to keep my deformed tootsies warm. I think she did an incredible job! Thank you!!! (I need to post a better pic!)

I still have more things to tape to the ceiling and some minor touches and some extra purchases to be made. The Kid's room doesn't get decorated until he leaves on the day of the party. There is only so much therapy I can afford...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge