A Walk to Remember...with the Kid

Yesterday we met up with the inlaws and the Husband's Aunt, Uncle, Cousin and her Partner and Their Kid. The Other Kid is the same age as The Kid. The plan was to meet near the Schönbrunn (palace) zoo. Hike up through the woods to the Gloriette and then hike back down. On subways, the Kid will stay in his stroller and yell at people who obstruct his view of the subway doors. Anytime we leave the subway he waves and exclaims "BYE BYE!!!!", the same goes for elevators. He can make the most dour and sour of people laugh and for this, I get the prouds.

When we got to the palace, the Kid was out of his stroller like an airborne disease. He walked and talked and babbled and had such a great time. He is fascinated by ditches and probably bitches (a poem in the making?). As we walked through the forest, we came upon some squirrels. Other people be all like "let's feed them and watch them come up to us, but we must be very very quiet." This works somewhat. But I kind of like the Kid's method more... he yells at them and chases them and you know what? The little rodents loved it. He was the squirrel whisperer. Treat em mean, keep them keen. One kept following him. They bonded. I was proud.

After a long long walk, we made it to the top. The view is spectacular. He was awed.
That is some prime real estate, right there. Sell a kidney, mother. We need a bigger place.

Then there was the dumbass suggestion of visiting the cafe there. Both the Husband and I were like, um, not going to happen. So I was relegated to foreign nanny and spent the 40 minutes outside watching the Kid. Ask me how I felt about that.

After everyone ate and laughed and got warm (besides me, ask me how I felt about that), we headed back down the hill with the amazing view of the city and the palace. The Kid decided to pick every dandelion, screaming "Blumen!" as he stored them in my Michael Kors purse. Thanks, buddy. We walked about 3 hours and it was really such a great afternoon to see the Kid in his element; a palace and king of the squirrels. Sounds about right.

Open the goddamn door Myrtle! I own this house just as much as you do!

Hey! Hey guy in the second floor window! My mom wants to know how much you paid for that lamp!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge