Pinterest Offer Again and Randomness

I've taken on a couple more people for my Pinterest virtual closets and I will be updating the current ones I have now for winter clothes. Let me know if you would be interested in having your very own virtual closet. I love to do this stuff! Just send me your size and location (so I can look up European shops or American ones). Also, if you have a special event, I can look for the perfect outfit, as well.

I found out yesterday that I am officially employed. It has been an emotional rollercoaster for so long but now, finally, I am a full time employee. I kind of cried last night out of relief. I've been stressed but I don't think I really allowed myself to really feel it. Now that I have the financial security, I feel all sorts of calm. And I'm totally bringing my Nespresso machine into work next week.

Kind of how I am feeling now.
In other news, the Husband offered to take us (him and me) for a week-long trip to somewhere in the Spring to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary. The In-laws would take the Kid and the thought is filling me with excitement! One week! One Week, baby! I tried to suggest Miami and he said "No". Something about humidity blah blah Horatio Cane blah blah. Then I suggested New York and he was all like "You just want to go because of Sex and the City and for bagels" and I was like "Yes, yes I do". He suggested a cruise and while we love cruises, I wasn't finding anything that interesting for next Spring. And then yesterday, at work, my brain started buzzing and a light bulb went off and I heard "DUBLIN". And immediately I knew that is the place we has gotta go to.

Years ago we had discussed a trip to the Emerald Isle. I have spent enough time in Irish pubs to know that these are my people. There are pubs, castles, castles, castles, pubs, castles and other stuff too. The more I thought about it yesterday, the more excited I got. I totally look great in cable knit sweaters and my hand is perfectly shaped to hold a pint of Guinness and if I drink enough, I'm sure I could get an Irish accent. A week spent in Dublin would satisfy my need to see old stuff, his need to consume beer, my need to watch TV shows in original language, his need to sleep in on rainy days, my need to squeal every time I see a turret... this trip is what I want and I am going to get it.

When I texted him yesterday with the suggestion of Dublin, he did his normal non-committal reply of "That's an interesting idea, dear" to which I responded with this:

So we could go to Dublin and stay at a nice hotel because the flights to Dublin are so much cheaper than New York. And we could to pubs and on a Guinness tour and sit in pubs. And we could finally take a ghost walk unlike in London when I was 6 months pregnant and the thought of walking around at night was too much for me. And we could go to pubs and take day trips to castles so you wouldn't have to drive. And we could see old things. And go to pubs.

[no response]

And we could go to pubs. And we could eat Irish stew and we could see castles and lakes and maybe some green fields. And we could stay in a hotel with a lot of TV channels and we should watch Most Haunted that features Irish castles so we can get in the mood to go to Ireland and then we could go to pubs. And I could do some shopping. Not too much, but just enough to make me happy. And we could take a tour of cool things and you could sleep in and I would let you sleep in and the flight is only 2.5 hours.

His response: You are obviously very busy at work.

Well! Well, excuse me for planning our dream trip. I'll just have to talk to you in person in high speed and high pitched speech tonight. It's your own fault, buddy. See you tonight.

If you don't know this about me by now, subtlety is not my thing. If I have to rent Leprechauns and have them propel from helicopters while singing Danny Boy I will. You know I will. This trip is going to happen and if I have to paint a goddamn rainbow on the wall and tattoo an eternity ring on his thigh, I will. See you in 2014, Dublin!
Look closely, future Tova is sitting at the window.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge