October Weekend Morning and a Low Carb Recipe

I love Fall mornings. Warm cups of coffee, big sweaters and comfy socks. Watching the sun rise and hit the church across the square while curled up under a faux fur blanket. Perfection. I also like to wake up extra early to have me-time. It gives me time to read gossip sites and not have to answer dumb questions from the Husband, like "Why are there black feathers in the dishwasher?" Dude, if you don't like the answer, don't ask the question. I mean, really.

Of course, the Kid is made up of 50 per cent of my genes so he too wakes up early on a weekend. What is that age old saying? Oh yes. "Kids are whack."

Yesterday the therapist cancelled, she has the flu or she hates me because that is my logic. Hopefully she can reschedule soon. I need to be able to label my child. So instead of talking about my issues, I mean, my child's issues, I met the Husband for a quick drink. Then he went to pick up the Kid at the in laws and that gave me time to start decorating a bit and making myself pass out.

Now, I didn't make myself pass out the good old fashioned way with alcohol. Oh no no no. I did it by trying to remove a rug from under a sofa. I don't know what I did, but shooting pain exploded in my shoulder and then I blacked out for about 30 seconds. That was interesting. I guess I am not as strong as I thought I was. Apparently lifting a sofa with one arm is not something I can add to my CV. That's a surprise and maybe a little disappointing. I'm glad there were no witnesses to my winding myself and then passing out. Probably not a good look. I finally got the damn rug out and replaced it with a pirate skull rug. When the Kid came home he was kind of pissed about the new rug. He ran towards it in anger, tripped on it, fell and then lay on it for a minute and kvetched. I'm not going to lie, it was pretty hilarious. He's at peace with the rug now.

Last night I made low carb enchiladas. I make zucchini tortillas that are a great alternative and sneaks in a veggie in so I don't notice. Yes, so I don't notice.

4-5 zucchinis
1 cup shredded cheese
Salt, pepper and any seasoning you like
4 eggs

Shred/grate the peeled zucchinis. With a paper towel, try to soak up the excess liquid. Add the eggs and mix, add the cheese and mix and then the seasonings. On baking paper, make tortilla shapes with the mixture. Bake at 220 for about 20 minutes or more, once the edges brown slightly, they are ready. Remove from oven and let cool. Remove from baking paper and you have yourself a low carb tortilla thing. They aren't super sturdy but they serve their purpose! Love them!

And so, may I wish you a happy Saturday morning. The Kid has fallen in love with this plastic crow. I'm not sure what to think...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge